News By Tag
News By Location
Gold’s Gym Identifies February 7th As The “Fitness Cliff”
THE DAY WHEN NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTIONS BEGIN TO FAIL. Leading Authority on Health and Fitness Joins Forces with World Renowned Clinical Psychologist to Rescue Consumers At-Risk of Abandoning their New Year’s Resolution.
1. You suddenly find yourself too busy to get to the gym as often as when you first started your journey to get back in shape
2. You begin getting angry that the effort you are making to work out and eat healthy doesn’t equal the results that you are seeing in the mirror
3. You find yourself less motivated, forgetting why you even made this goal in the first place
4. You slowly begin to ease back into old patterns – ordering that guilty pleasure you’ve been denying yourself and trading your time on the treadmill for time in front of the TV
5. You start arguing with yourself – saying that this change is not needed and that you will make a better effort next year
For consumers experiencing any of these signs and worried that they are headed off the Fitness Cliff, Gold’s Gym Fitness Institute expert and celebrity trainer Mike Ryan recommends the following five tips to getting back on track.
1. Add some “class” to your routine – Whether it’s functional training like TRX or moving to the beat with a Zumba class, group exercise is a great way to inject some energy into a stale routine and will help you with your pledge to get back in shape
2. Upgrade your workout – From smartphone apps like the Gold’s Gym Spotter to tech toys like The Fitbit®, enlisting technology to keep you on track with your goals will add a whole new dimension to your workout, helping you pump up your fitness slump
3. Don’t do it alone – Finding a workout buddy or a support group to cheer you on is one of the most effective ways to stick with your regimen. Not only does it help to share your journey with a friend, but it instills some friendly competition that will keep you focused on hitting your goal
4. Get off the scale – If you’re relying on the number on the scale to keep you focused, stop right now – the number on the scale doesn’t dictate your progress. Instead, ask your gym for a body assessment, which will pinpoint exactly where the state of your fitness currently lies
5. Enlist a trainer – Even if it’s just for a few sessions, working with a certified personal trainer who can design a program that’s tailored to your body is the greatest step you can make to transforming your body and reaching your goals
Most importantly, Gold’s Gym is encouraging at-risk members to “get off the ledge” and head to their nearest Gold’s Gym Middletown NYfor a free fitness consultation with a certified personal trainer who can help them refocus on making their New Year’s Resolution a reality in 2013. As an added incentive, Gold’s Gym is including a free 7-Day VIP pass with this consultation. To claim this pass, consumers are invited to go to: