News By Tag
News By Place
Two Plenary Keynote Panels to be Delivered at 20th Annual Molecular Medicine Tri-Conference
Plenary Keynote Panels on "Personalized Oncology: Fulfilling the Promise for Today’s Patients" and "Emerging Technologies & Industry Perspectives" to be Delivered Next Month in San Francisco
In honor of the 20th anniversary of the Molecular Medicine Tri-Conference, CHI and Cancer Commons will present the first plenary panel on Personalized Oncology. Innovations such as NGS and The Cancer Genome Atlas have revealed that cancer comprises hundreds of distinct molecular diseases. Early clinical successes with targeted therapies suggest that cancer might one day be managed as a chronic disease using an evolving cocktail of drugs. Representing the event’s key topics of Diagnostics, Therapeutics, Clinical, Informatics, and Cancer, a panel of experts will lead a highly interactive exploration of what it will take to realize this vision in the near future.
The panel will be moderated by Marty Tenenbaum, Ph.D., Founder and Chairman, Cancer Commons; Prominent AI Researcher; Cancer Survivor and include panelists:
- Tony Blau, M.D., University of Washington; Attending Physician, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance; Co-Director, Institute for Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine, University of Washington and the Program for Stem and Progenitor Cell Biology at the UW/FHCRC Cancer Consortium; Founder and Scientific Officer, Partners in Personal Oncology
- Sarah Greene, Executive Director, Cancer Commons
- Laurence Marton, M.D., Adjunct Professor, Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of California San - Francisco; Former Dean of Medicine, University of Wisconsin
- Jane Reese-Coulbourne, MS, ChE, Executive Director, Reagan-Udall Foundation for the FDA; Former Board Chair, Lung Cancer Alliance; Cancer Survivor
- Anil Sethi, CEO, Pinch Bio; HL7 Pioneer and Health Informatics Entrepreneur
- Joshua Stuart, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Department of Biomolecular Engineering, University of California Santa Cruz
The second keynote panel will showcase Emerging Technologies & Industry Perspectives and feature a series of presentations on emerging and hot technologies in diagnostics, drug discovery & development, informatics, and oncology. The panel will be moderated by Harry Glorikian, Managing Partner, Scientia Advisors, LLC and include panelists:
- Gregory Parekh, Ph.D., CEO, Biocartis
- Kevin Bobofchak, Ph.D., Pathway Studio Product Manager, Elsevier
- Jeremy Bridge-Cook, Ph.D., Senior Vice President, Research & Development, Luminex Corporation
- Gary Kennedy, Founder & CEO, Remedy Informatics
- Harry Glorikian, Managing Partner, Scientia Advisors, LLC
- Lynn R. Zieske, Ph.D., Vice President, Commercial Solutions, Singulex, Inc.
Complimentary keynote and exhibit hall passes are available until Friday, February 1, 2013. Reserve yours today at http://www.triconference.com/
About Molecular Medicine Tri-Conference
Cambridge Healthtech Institute's flagship event, Molecular Medicine Tri-Conference is the leading drug discovery research event covering a broad spectrum of cutting-edge topics within molecular medicine with scientific, business and regulatory viewpoints. Spanning five days, the Tri-Conference includes 5 Concurrent Symposia, the Emerging Molecular Diagnostics Partnering Forum, 15 Afternoon & Dinner Short Courses, 15 Conference Programs and a two-day exhibition.
About Cambridge Healthtech Institute
Cambridge Healthtech Institute (CHI), founded in 1992, is the industry leader in providing superior quality scientific information to eminent researchers and business experts from top pharmaceutical, biotech, and academic organizations. Delivering an assortment of resources such as events, reports, publications and eNewsletters, CHI's portfolio of products include Cambridge Healthtech Institute Conferences, Barnett International, Insight Pharma Reports, Cambridge Marketing Consultants, Cambridge Meeting Planners, and Cambridge Healthtech Media Group.