Sunvil Discovery launches 2013 Portugal & Madeira brochure
More suggested itineraries than ever before and eight new properties in Sunvil Discovery's 2013 real Portugal & Madeira brochure, packed full of handpicked accommodation and flexible itineraries to the lesser-known areas of this beautiful country.
Comments Rosanna Melaragni, Sunvil Discovery’s Product Manager: “Our Portugal & Madeira programme is designed to be as flexible as we can make it – the itineraries being little more than outline suggestions and with accommodation chosen as much for its character as its location. Our expert team has explored Portugal extensively and we are proud to offer many charming regions that remain relatively untouched and unknown.”
NEW suggested itinerary highlights:
• Explore Northern Portugal by train: with many Portuguese cities and towns conveniently linked by rail, travelling by train is a great way to see the country. This itinerary takes in Porto, Viana do Castelo and Guimaraes, European Capital of Culture in 2012. Prices from £867 pp for seven nights’ B&B, including return flights (Gatwick) and transfers (not train tickets – these can be purchased locally).
• A luxurious break on the Lisbon Coast: combines luxury stays in Portugal’s vibrant capital and in coastal Cascais, where elegant summerhouses, stately homes and vast expanses of golden sand offer a relaxing backdrop after sightseeing in the city. Prices from £722 pp for seven nights’ B&B (in five-star accommodation)
• Pousadas of the Alentejo: traverse the diverse scenery of the beautiful Alentejo region from the rugged west coast to the natural parks and mountain ranges close to the Spanish border, staying in four characterful pousadas along the way. Prices from £594 pp for six nights’ B&B, one night HB, return flights* (Heathrow) and car hire.
• Rota Vicentina, Alentejo: combines two walking trails, the Fisherman’s Way – encompassing cliff-side walking, scenic views of the deserted coastline, fishing communities and wonderful sunsets over the Atlantic – and the Historical Way, which veers inland and offers tastes of village life, rural landscapes with cork oak forests, eucalyptus trees and rolling hills. Enjoy the comfort of day walks north and south on the Rota Vicentina from centrally-based accommodation (no daily hassle of packing/unpacking)
• The Real Algarve: sidestep the hordes and head for the untouched south-west coast and interior of this much-visited region. The trip features a fascinating mix of pretty fishing villages and natural landscapes away from the crowds. Prices from £850 pp for seven nights’ B&B, including return flights (Gatwick) and car hire.
NEW property highlights:
• Hotel Lawrence, Sintra, Lisbon region: an 18th century, traditional manor house located in Sintra’s historic heart, renowned for being the oldest hotel on the Iberian Peninsula and visited by many famous people, including Lord Byron. Prices from £655 pp for seven nights’ B&B, including return flights* (Heathrow) and car hire.
• Naturarte Campo, Sao Luis, Alentejo: A rural hotel situated in the Vicentina Coast Natural Park. This 250 hectare estate, with outdoor pool, has been managed by the same family for five generations. Optional activities include hiking, tennis and horse riding (stables nearby – suitable for beginners and experts alike). Prices from £615 pp for seven nights’ B&B, including return flights* (Heathrow) and car hire.
• Herdade das Barradas da Serra, Grandola, Alentejo: a turismo rurale set within two large estates with ancient cork trees by the thousand, sheep, wild boar and olive trees. The owners have converted their ancient farm buildings into charming, rustic accommodation complete with a welcome swimming pool for the hot summer months. Waymarked walks encourage exploration of this huge estate. Prices from £505 pp for seven nights’ B&B (home-made honey cake and other local specialities on the laden breakfast table), including return flights* (Heathrow) and car hire.
• Monte da Zambujeiro, Vila Nova de Milfontes: Perfectly positioned to take advantage of local walking trails and sandy beaches, this country house offers contemporary accommodation overlooking the picturesque River Mira estuary. Prices from £598 pp for seven nights’ B&B, including return flights* (Heathrow) and car hire.
• Horta da Moura, Monsaraz, Alentejo: a recently renovated rural hotel, perched on a hillside overlooking the countryside near Monsaraz, a medieval walled town. There’s an outdoor pool surrounded by olive trees, and the impressive Lake Alqueva (Europe’s largest man-made lake) is just 900 m distant – great for watersports. Prices from £445 pp for seven nights’ B&B, including return flights* (Heathrow) and car hire.
• Aldeia da Pedralva, Pedralva, Algarve: a cluster of traditional houses located in this ‘forgotten village’ on the southwest coast of the Algarve. Each house has been carefully restored after the village was all but abandoned during the economic crisis of the 80s. Outdoor pool and many local activities available, including the Rota Vicentina waymarked walking route. Prices from £462 pp for seven nights’ self catering, including return flights to Faro (Gatwick) and car hire.
Prices are based on two sharing. The lead-in price is from £438 pp (two sharing), staying at the Casa da Eira in Vila Nova de Milfontes, a small town on the coast of the Alentejo. The price includes return flights* (Heathrow), transfers and seven nights’ B&B.
*Flights to Lisbon departing Mondays and Thursdays. These represent particularly good value when booked as part of a Sunvil package because they are based on TAP flights (departing Heathrow), on which Sunvil Discovery has taken a commitment in return for excellent rates. Mondays and Thursdays offer good flexibility for clients, too, with options for trip durations of three, four, seven, 10, 11 or 14 nights.
For at-a-glance information on accommodation choices or properties ideal for families, please see page 100 of the brochure. To order the new 2013 Sunvil Discovery – real Portugal & Madeira brochure, call 020 8758 4747. Alternatively, visit http://www.sunvil.co.uk for further information and a pdf copy downloadable in sections, or call to speak to an expert on 020 8758 4722.
Ends/30th January 2013
Press: For more information, high-res photography or commissioned press trip requests, please contact Sarah Belcher at Travel PR on 020 8891 4440 or firstname.lastname@example.org.