Bike Tour in the Czech Republic - In Situ Travel Introduces A New Challenging Cycling Tour
The only challenging bike tour operator to offer 100% GPS guided tours in Europe, In Situ Travel introduces a new trip in the Czech Republic for 2013. Unlike other tour operators, In Situ's bike tour focuses exclusively on the southern Czech regions.
"We are pleased to introduce a bike tour that no one else is offering". says In Situ's founder, Jace Gifford. "Not only are we the only challenging bike tour company that exclusively uses bike mounted GPS units to improve the guest riding experience, but we are also the only bike tour operator of our kind that visits these particular routes within the Czech Republic. We don't do the Prague-Vienna route like all the others. We choose to stay within the southern Bohemian region of the Czech Republic for the entire trip in order to truly explore the amazing cycling this country has to offer. This section of Bohemia is a delight for cyclists and those seeking the road less traveled."
In Situ's Czech Republic bike tour starts its journey in the UNESCO World Heritage town of Cesky Krumlov. This enchanting town acts as the base for the first days of the bike tour, enabling In Situ's guests to not only explore the fantastic, rolling hills of the region, but also to get a closer look at its historic center. Mid-week guests ride westward, towards the German border to delve deep into one of the country’s most lush forests, the Sumava Mountains National Park. Prized as the most extensive forest in Central Europe, this beautiful region will be the guests' home for a few days. Sparsely settled, the small rural roads are perfect for cycling.
Trip Highlights Include:
• Exploring the UNESCO World Heritage town of Cesky Krumlov
• Riding alongside lazy rivers, rolling fields, and lush forests
• Cycling the remote and densely forested roads of the Czech Sumava National Park
• Tasting the regional cuisine, including the original Budweiser (Budvar)
• Exploring the ‘road less traveled’ – roads few non-Czech cyclists get to ride
Price: $2,490 per person, double occupancy
Duration: 6 days / 7 nights
2013 Dates May to September *
Total Miles: 245 miles
* Rather than have fixed dates, all of In Situ Travel's bike tours in Europe are open for guests to choose their own dates. Guests let the company know when they'd like to travel and In Situ will work with them to put together a tour that fits with their schedule.
For the full trip details, visit In Situ's Czech Republic Bike Tour page.
Page Updated Last on: Jan 30, 2013