News By Tag
News By Location
One Day National Conference - Moving English Forward: One Year On - 20th March 2013
With the new draft curriculum's for English due for publication in March 2013, this will examine how to raise standards and improve attainment in English.
- Keynote: Jane Hough, Team Leader, English, National Curriculum Review Division, DfE
- Keynote: Philip Jarrett, Former HMI Subject Adviser for English, Ofsted
- Chair: Miranda McKearney, Chief Executive, The Reading Agency
- Clare Haviland, English Subject Adviser, Edexcel
- Jared Brading, Executive Headteacher, St Mary’s Primary School
- Kim Day-Haynes, Assistant Headteacher, Park High School
- Sharon Piper, Director of Inclusion, Cranford Park Academy
One year after the Ofsted Moving English Forward report was launched, this timely conference will give you crucial policy updates and expert advice on developing successful strategies in order to drive pupil progress.
This timely conference is your opportunity to hear best practice examples of how to combine a traditional curriculum, focusing on improving spelling, punctuation and grammar, with continued creative and innovative teaching.
Benefits of attending:
- Hear from the DfE regarding the new English curriculum, plans for the future and implications for schools
- Obtain clarification from an examining board on the impact of changes ahead for assessment and examinations with the move from modular to linear
- Benefit from a best practice example of placing reading at the heart of the school to turn achievement around
- Understand how to embed a high level of knowledge across the workforce to improve literacy
- Take away guidance on how to develop a phonics centred strategy using the 'Read Write Inc' model
- Learn how to deliver carefully targeted intervention programmes while also ensuring attention is focussed on gifted and talented students