News By Tag
News By Location
Atex Web CMS Live at Glacier Media
Atex, the largest and longest-serving supplier of software and services to the global media industry (www.atex.com), is live on its Web Content Management System at Glacier Media in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Glacier Media selected Atex Web CMS powered by Polopoly technology as the next generation platform to host its news media websites, mobile sites and tablet channels. The first site to go live on the Atex platform was TimesColonist.com, the leading news and information website serving Victoria, Canada and Vancouver Island. The Times Colonist is recognized provincially and nationally with numerous awards for investigative reporting, editorials and beat coverage. The TimesColonist.com website delivers breaking news and multimedia content to readers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
In launching Atex Web CMS, Glacier Media implemented several important and customer-focused digital capabilities, including:
• Responsive design, a web design and development process that enables users to access the Times Colonist website with a consistent, engaging and tailored experience from any tablet, mobile, laptop or desktop device.
• An embedded video player from Brightcove.
• A new metered paywall supporting access to premium content.
• Native iPhone, iPad and Android apps.
• Integrated blogging.
• Content integration with third-party providers of online investment fund information and business news.
Atex Project Manager, Dario Monforte, identifies teamwork as one of the main ingredients for making this project successful: “Times Colonist is the first of the Glacier properties to go live on Atex Web CMS, with many more to follow over the coming months. We had to work under an extremely tight timeline and this project was successful due to the excellent team effort between the combined Times Colonist, Glacier Media, and Atex team.”