ManageEngine Automates Identity, Access Management in ADManager Plus
User Provisioning, De-Provisioning, Other Crucial IAM Tasks Handled Automatically; Middle East customers can now download ADManager Plus from the ManageEngine website.
Carrying out IAM in Active Directory manually or via scripts, PowerShell cmdlets and other traditional methods is inadequate to meet today’s challenges. The smart devices that let users access data anytime, from anywhere also pose several threats to data security. Mistakes in access provision can expose crucial information to the wrong users, thereby jeopardizing its integrity. Moreover, businesses must comply with HIPAA, SOX and other IT regulations that mandate accountability in data access and management.
"ADManager Plus caters to today’s Identity and Access Management needs driven by new-age data access methods and IT compliance requirements,”
ADManager Plus 6 Highlights
ADManager Plus streamlines IAM in Active Directory, offering IT administrators “user management templates” that can be used to create a library of preconfigured access controls. Those access controls can be assigned to users as their position warrants, thereby reducing the possibility of errors in access management. While this standardizes access management procedures, ADManager Plus 6 is also capable of providing automation for several crucial Active Directory operations with new features, such as:
• Enhanced workflow engine: ADManager Plus now includes an enhanced workflow engine that allows organizations to define or implement their review-approve policies for all IAM operations in Active Directory. In other words, using this engine, organizations can determine to whom an IAM request should be routed for approval. The engine also allows a multiple-level approval process.
• Automatic task assigner: The ADManager Plus workflow engine can automatically assign a task to a specific agent, ensuring mission-critical tasks are carried out only by qualified technicians.
• IAM ticket repository: All the IAM requests generated in ADManager Plus and their outcomes can be documented. This not only helps establish accountability, but also helps the organizations conduct internal auditing.
• IAM automation in Active Directory: User provisioning, de-provisioning and other crucial tasks can now be automated in ADManager Plus. Workflows can be implemented for those automated processes. Provisioning templates let IT delegate IAM processes to non-technical personnel yet maintain the accountability needed for compliance.
• Automation rules and policies: Administrators can determine how an automated process should execute and trigger a cascade of processes automatically. For instance, businesses that hire contractors can automatically create user accounts when contracts begin, disable them when contracts terminate, and de-commission them after their retention period.
Combined, these features provide organizations the essentials to implement frameworks such as COBIT and to comply with IT regulatory laws.
Additionally, ADManager Plus offers a quick view for Group Policies to give administrators an idea of IT policies governing a set of users. Administrators also have an option to change policies from the quick view. Finally, ADManager Plus also now offers enhanced user access management capabilities from a set of prepackaged reports, including compliance-specific reports.
Pricing and Availability
ADManager Plus 6 starts at $495 and is available for download at http://www.manageengine.com/