Cycle Computing Caps Record 2012 with IDC HPC Innovation Excellence Award
Prestigious industry recognition follows year of utility supercomputing milestones and unprecedented company growth
The award capped a year of dramatic client growth and utility supercomputing accomplishments for Cycle, who recorded an 85% growth in new clients, as compared to 80% in 2011. Building off its storied success in the life sciences sector throughout 2012, the company has increased its sales and support staff and has expanded across markets, including energy, manufacturing, academic and government research and financial services.
Cycle’s 2012 business highlights include:
· Impressive Company Growth: Cycle Computing expanded its client base and now provides software for HPC computes in the cloud for two of the four top BioTech companies and two of the three leading NextGen Sequencing giants. The company’s client roster also grew to include three of the five large annuity/life insurance firms and two of the three big finance companies.
· Pharmaceutical Industry Dominance: Six of the big eight pharmaceutical firms are Cycle clients, as well as many leading life science start-ups and science companies, including Schrödinger, who has commissioned Cycle to run on-going routine runs on top of their impressive 50k core cluster initial run.
· Supercomputing Innovation: Using its software products to create HPC environments from 50 to 50,000 cores, Cycle completed a record-breaking 50,000 core cluster supercomputing environment run on the AWS cloud with cost under $4,900 per hour at peak requiring no upfront capital.
· Noteworthy Industry Recognition:
· Inaugural Big Science Challenge: Created to give scientists and researchers unprecedented free access to utility supercomputing to benefit society, Cycle’s Big Science Challenge winner Victor Ruotti of the Morgridge Institute for Research, successfully completed over one million compute hours in less than a week. The computations will be used to begin constructing a knowledgebase indexing system for stem cells and their derivatives to speed development of potential therapies.
“At Cycle, we believe that many of the world’s impossible scientific, engineering, and risk management problems become possible with access to the right compute infrastructure. This IDC award reflects an incredible year for Cycle, full of many milestones in helping humanity conquer new science through utility supercomputing,”
“In an industry that is evolving as rapidly as HPC, it’s fascinating to be a part of the creativity and innovation we’ve seen in the past year,” said Chirag Dekate, an analyst with IDC. “Cycle Computing’s impressive 50,000 run for Schrödinger and Nimbus Discovery demonstrated a strong ROI from the use of HPC, and we were pleased to recognize their accomplishment.”
About Cycle Computing
Cycle Computing (http://www.cyclecomputing.com/
# # #
Articulate Communications Inc.
212.255.0080, ext. 15