News By Tag
News By Place
Top 10 Things You Should Do For Water Damage
It happens, rains flood your house and pipes burst in cold weather. Here are 10 things you do in the event of water damage in your house or business.
• Ventilate wet areas.
• Remove all standing water from flat surfaces.
• Remove saturated rugs and carpets when hardwood floors are at risk.
• Stay out of rooms where the ceilings are sagging from retained water.
• Move all electronics to a dry environment.
• Remove all lamps, and decorative items from wet furniture tops.
• Open drawers and cabinet doors for interior drying.
• Freeze valuable books and documents to retard mildew growth until drying can be performed.
• Place china saucers, wood blocks, or Styrofoam under furniture legs to avoid staining.
• Call a professional water damage specialist for emergency drying.
About Kern Special Services
Timothy S. Clark founded Kern Special Services (KSS) in the summer of 1987 to rehabilitate old apartment complexes for large property holders. In 1990, the company officially expanded into the emergency services field after working with several of its clients to meet their emergency service’s needs.
After five years of substantial growth, KSS added remediation and reconstruction services to their rapidly expanding business model. Then, during the boom in the new residential construction market, Timothy formed a partnership with Robert Thomason, a Bakersfield native and contractor since 1965, to form Thomason & Clark building high end custom homes. However, despite the rapid growth of the partnership, Mr. Clark made a difficult but strategic decision to concentrate solely on the KSS business which experienced consistent growth year after year by focusing on its core business of remediation and reconstruction services.
In 2008, KSS saw an opportunity to complement their emergency services by adding pack out, storage, and cleaning capabilities to the list of services they offer. With the creation of their Contents Division, KSS became one of the first full service Restoration and Remediation companies in all of Kern County.
Today, KSS continues its growth and stability by investing in both its employees and the latest industry technology. All KSS employees are Industry Certified. They are also trained in the current standards and use the most technologically advanced equipment in Kern County. But KSS doesn’t stop there; they continually evaluate and upgrade industry leading software, hire professional team members, and provide internal training programs to be able to offer the best customer service possible.
The KSS team lives and works by their motto, “Making disaster temporary and restoration permanent”.
Call us Toll Free at 1.877.933.6379 for immediate help with water damage restoration.
Page Updated Last on: Jan 15, 2013