IIM Lucknow signs MoU with Powergrid Corporation of India Ltd.
The Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow and Powergrid Corporation of India Ltd. today signed a Memorandum of Understanding
Powergrid Corporation of India Ltd. is one of the largest transmission utilities in the world and is a Navratna Public Sector. Mr. Rajendra Singh, Executive Director (HRD), signed the MoU on behalf of Powergrid Corporation of India Ltd.
Some of the areas identified are:
- Management Development Programmes for Senior and Middle level executives of Powergrid Corporation of India Ltd. in the areas of Leadership Development, Strategic Management and Competency Development. The faculty of these programmes will be from IIM Lucknow, experts from the industry, Powergrid Corporation of India Ltd. and IIM Lucknow would also facilitate interactions with experts from abroad.
- Executive Education – upgrading the education level of certain set of executives on continuous basis helps the organisation in remaining at the fore front of latest developments and helps in honing its capability in dealing with uncertain and unpredictable times. Powergrid Corporation of India Ltd. would nominate its executives to various Long Term and Short Term programmes at IIM Lucknow.
- Internships – Powergrid Corporation of India Ltd. would identify areas and would provide selected number of students of IIM Lucknow with internship opportunities at its corporate centre and regional offices.
- Sponsored Research and Conferences – the main objective would be sharing the advancements/
- Developing Case Studies which are an important component of executive and organisational development training.
An innovative area of collaboration would be jointly exploring international assignments in the area of Capacity Building, Institution Development and Training and Development Programmes.
IIM Lucknow and Powergrid Corporation keenly look forward to this association which in true sense would be a right step in amalgamating the management education with the corporate world.