News By Tag
News By Place
Out with the Old & In with the Organized!
Got lots of clutter? NAPO-Austin is holding their 7th annual Clear Your Clutter Day on Sat, Jan 26, 2013 from 10-2 at Bethany United Methodist (10010 Anderson Mill Road, Austin). Please see www.napoaustin.com/CYCD2013 for more information!
JENNIFER LAVA, MARKETING DIRECTOR NAPO AUSTIN
Out with the Old & In with the Organized!
In Honor of National Get Organized MonthSM, the Austin chapter of the National Association of Professional Organizers is Hosting the 7th Annual Clear Your Clutter Day
AUSTIN, TX. – January 14, 2013— Members of the Austin chapter of the National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO) are kicking off the New Year by celebrating their 9th annual Get Organized MonthSM (GO MonthSM) this January. In honor of the month-long initiative, the Austin chapter is gearing up to Clear Your Clutter. Local members of the association will host the event on January 26, 2013 at Bethany United Methodist Church, 10010 Anderson Mill Road, Austin, TX 78750 from 10am to 2pm. **** Prize to be awarded for the most unusual item dropped off! ****
The public is invited to drive by and drop off ONE CARLOAD PER HOUSEHOLD of any of the following items at no charge:
NEW THIS YEAR! Home remodeling/repair items like working appliances, fixtures, bricks, and clean lumber.
Broken computer components and other electronics
Up to 3 boxes of paper to be shredded
Women's new or gently used career clothing and accessories
Mobility assistance devices (wheelchairs, walkers, crutches, shower chairs, etc.)
Used cell phones
Useable unwanted items (furniture, books, clothes, rugs, art, etc.)
Non-useable unwanted items (a/k/a JUNK)
Flammable, corrosive, toxic, poisonous, reactive, or explosive materials (including paint and batteries) CANNOT BE ACCEPTED at this event. Visit www.austintexas.gov/
Our Event Partners this year are: Austin Groups for the Elderly (AGE), Central Texas Secure Shredding, Dress for Success, Global Material Recycling, Austin Habitat for Humanity, Junk Busters USA, and Settlement Home for Children, Square Cow Moovers.
Page 2 of 2
For more info: www.napoaustin.com/
The Austin chapter of NAPO is made up of 35 professional organizers and productivity specialists, dedicated to helping clients bring order and efficiency into their homes, offices and lives. NAPO members offer specialized skills, and knowledge about the tools and resources essential to improving personal productivity and time management for individuals, families and businesses. NAPO established GO Month in January 2003 to focus national attention on how getting organized empowers people to take back control over their time, inboxes, paperwork and possessions.
When clients ask for organizing assistance, what services do they request most? According to a recent NAPO poll, members agreed that the majority of their clients request services and guidance related to organizing home offices. Despite rapid growth in the use of mobile devices and dependence on email and texting, paper organization still ranks highest on the list of concerns for many business and individuals—
“Organization is a process and a commitment that requires time and dedication,”
In addition to the Clear Your Clutter Day event that NAPO-Austin is hosting, NAPO chapters and members across the country will host public events in honor of GO MonthSM. Topics will include Organize to Economize in the New Year, Photo Organizing, The Challenges of Downsizing and Ask-the-Organizer panels.
For businesses wishing to implement a more organized and structured system, NAPO offers these tips:
· Create a list of priorities for your business and determine what needs immediate action. A professional organizer or productivity specialist can review your priorities and recommend a plan for getting started, without interrupting your daily business workflow.
· Practice better time management! A NAPO member can help both you and your staff hone time management skills and increase productivity in the workplace.
· Evaluate your space. Does it feel productive and calm? Physically setting up better-functioning spaces can help employees reduce stress and feel motivated. A professional organizer or productivity specialist will help create the ideal balance so your workspace feels energizing, yet relaxing.
Employees report feeling more satisfied as a result of a supportive employer providing the tools to improve productivity and reduce stress.
Organizing does not end in the workplace. Families are busier than ever before, and being organized can help reduce stress which helps lead to better health and an overall feeling of wellbeing.
NAPO offers these tips for organizing yourself, your routine, and your family calendar:
· Decide that you deserve it! Understand that you deserve to have more control over your time, your surroundings, and less stress due to feeling overwhelmed. Commit to adding structure and stability to your life.
· Create one calendar for scheduling the activities of everyone in your household, and daily/weekly/
· Prioritize your organization wants and needs. What room or space needs immediate attention? Talk to a NAPO member about your organization or productivity needs. He or she can help you get organized, but teach you skills to keep you that way.
· Set realistic goals for organizing. With the help of a NAPO organizer or productivity professional, you can reach your organizing goals in a systematic way that will keep you motivated and empowered to success. You can achieve your organizing and productivity goals by creating a plan and sticking with it over time.
Get GOing—jumpstart January feeling powerful, productive and organized! For more information on GO MonthSM activities and to find a professional organizer or productivity specialist near you, visit www.napo.net or call NAPO at 856-380-6828.
About NAPO: The National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO) is The Organizing Authority®. Since forming in 1985 as a nonprofit professional educational association, NAPO has grown to nearly 4,200 members. NAPO leads and advances the organizing and productivity industry. NAPO is dedicated to serving its members and the public by providing professional educational opportunities, industry leadership, productive partnerships and expert information and solutions to foster growth and fulfillment for all who work within the organizing and productivity industry or benefit from its services.
Page Updated Last on: Jan 15, 2013