News By Tag
News By Place
HARMAN Addresses Market for Entry-Level Infotainment with new Connected Radio Platform
HARMAN, the premium global audio and infotainment group , announced today an expansion of the company’s infotainment portfolio with the new HARMAN connected radio platform.
“The pervasiveness of today’s mobile devices and connected experiences is fueling greater consumer demand for easy and safe access to information, entertainment and personalized content in cars,” said Dinesh Paliwal, HARMAN Chairman, President, and CEO. “We are making it possible for more consumers to enjoy a high-quality infotainment experience as well as making it even simpler and safer to use, thanks to features such as hands-free operation and integration with the user’s own smartphone.”
The unit offers clear benefits to automakers: with the same cost of basic radio, OEMs can add smartphone connectivity with HARMAN’s AHA radio, turn-by-turn navigation and voice prompts into their vehicles, as well as meet fast development cycles and delivery.
The HARMAN connected radio supports a range of external user devices, including USB, SD, MP3 players including iPod, and a wide range of smart phones. Using the same NFC technology employed in HARMAN’s high-end infotainment products, consumers can easily connect their smartphones with the head unit in-vehicle. The head unit then uses the driver’s preferred navigation app straight from the Smartphone.
Additional key features of HARMAN connected radio include:
· Integration with AHA Radio, the first interactive platform that organizes Web-based content into personalized, live and on-demand radio stations that consumers can access anywhere
· Turn-by-turn navigation via Smartphone app with spoken and visual instructions
· Hands-free phoning via Bluetooth – the microphone is automatically turned on when a call comes in
Also available as a packaged option with Harman branded audio technology, automotive OEMs can combine the HARMAN connected radio with an immersive HARMAN sound system to deliver an enhanced in-car acoustic experience using any of the company’s leading audio brands.
HARMAN at CES 2013
Visit HARMAN during CES 2013 for more details and to receive a demo of the new HARMAN connected radio as well as the company’s full portfolio of infotainment and lifestyle audio systems. HARMAN is located in the Central Hall, Booth 10431, in the Las Vegas Convention Center, January 8-11, 2013. Follow HARMAN online during CES 2013:
· Find more CES news at the HARMAN Newsroom (http://www.harman.com/
· Like HARMAN on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/
· Check out our YouTube Channel (http://www.youtube.com/
· Follow HARMAN on Twitter @harmannews (https://twitter.com/#!/
· Twitter Hashtag #HarmanCES
For additional information, contact:
North America Europe
Sabrina Pietryga Nicole Mehr
Office: 212-331-8421 Office: