News By Tag
News By Place
Changes which made Softaculous a better product in 2012
Softaculous Ltd., the developer of Softaculous Auto Installer that simplifies Application deployment on various hosting platforms, announced the review of changes made to Softaculous in 2012.
Softaculous has had major improvements throughout the year 2012 which makes the product better and easier to use.
Here is the complete list of major changes in 2012 :
1) Softaculous Admin panel gets a completely new User Interface and the Enduser panel changes include new Search box progress bar and many more minor improvements.
2) Client Centre improved with new UI and functionalities.
3) Softaculous has also added over 50+ new scripts which include ShopSite, RockMongo, Vision Helpdesk, Logaholic, Pimcore, eSyndiCat, ownCloud, CakePHP, and many more
4) Install PHP Classes through Softaculous. We have introduced a PHP classes library with 1000+ classes which user can browse and choose to install.
5) Added German and Bulgarian Language for Softaculous.
6) Multiple versions of a script which have LTS for their previous versions. These include Joomla, Drupal, Moodle, Tiki, Gallery, etc.
7) API and CLI added. User can now Install and Upgrade scripts using the API or through CLI.
8) Submit PHP Classes at nuPHP. Developers can submit their PHP classes at http://www.softaculous.com/
9) Auto Upgrade scripts from the Softaculous Admin panel.
10) Added the RESELLER Control Panel for Resellers.
11) Disabled several outdated scripts which are no longer maintained to improve the quality of scripts in Softaculous apps library.
Softaculous Auto Installer integrates into popular hosting control panels like cPanel, Plesk, DirectAdmin, H-Sphere and Interworx and allows the user to install any application by the click of a button. There are lots of script categories like blogs, forums, micro blogs, wikis, social networking, image galleries, ERP, Project Management, Educational, File Management, etc. One can also upgrade these applications when new versions become available. Softaculous also offers Demos, Ratings, Reviews and screenshots of the various applications.
"Softaculous has under gone major structure changes to implement the Auto Upgrade by Admins feature and this will be very useful for hosts who like their users installations to be update always." said Pulkit Gupta, Softaculous founder and CEO. "Softaculous has become a better product over the last year and we have plans to get better year after year."
The Softaculous apps library already contains popular applications, including: WordPress, b2evolution, StatusNet, Drupal, Joomla, Concrete5, phpBB, MyBB, SMF, ShopSite, bbPress, Coppermine, Gallery, Mediawiki, DokuWiki, TikiWiki, Elgg, Dolphin, OpenX, SquirrelMail, LimeSurvey, Piwik, Mantis, SugarCRM, WHMCS, PrestaShop, Magento, CraftySyntax, osTicket, Moodle, Claroline, etc. most of which can be installed in several languages by just choosing the language on the Install form.
To address the needs of different hosting providers, Softaculous is available as a Free product or as a Premium product. The Free version has only 54 apps while the Premium version currently has 285+ Apps.
Softaculous also includes installation of PHP Classes by just one click. These classes have been added to serve the developers who use PHP classes to develop their websites.
"We always like to have the quality of our script list to be the best so we keep on adding new applications and disable outdated scripts so as to offer only the well maintained apps." said Brijesh Kothari, Sales Head at Softaculous. "We have many other new scripts which will be added in this year. All the scripts are reviewed throughly before adding it."
Softaculous also has a product Webuzo, which is a LAMP stack with Softaculous installed on a CentOS Machine. Webuzo can help any user deploy Web Apps on their Desktops or in the Office. Webuzo can also be deployed in the Cloud which helps users to access their apps from anywhere.
Softaculous was founded in 2009 with the goal of helping users to deploy apps by the click of a button. Softaculous is already being offered by leading Data Centre’s and Web hosting companies around the world.
It is very easy to find, deploy, manage, backup applications using Softaculous. One can also deploy apps in the office using Softaculous Webuzo or Softaculous AMPPS.
For more information, visit http://www.softaculous.com/
Page Updated Last on: Jan 09, 2013