News By Tag
News By Location
Kia Motors and B.R.A.K.E.S. Work to Educate and Prepare Young Drivers
In their commitment to give back to the community, Kia has joined with B.R.A.K.E.S. to advance teen driving education courses.
Safe driving, of course, is extremely important for all age groups of drivers, but especially for young drivers who have not yet learned to make quick decisions or maneuvers. To contribute to the safe driving experience of teenagers, Kia distributed a fleet of new Rio sedans (http://www.fisherkia.net/
The driving school delivers great results by offering a very low student to teacher ratio during the four-hour training sessions. Each student receives plenty of individual attention and hands-on training. Several defensive driving techniques and responsible driving skills are imparted during the sessions. The dangers of driving while distracted, such as driving while texting or talking on the phone, are covered at length.
Lessons and topics covered during the Teen Pro Active program include:
· Panic Stop – understanding of safe driving distance between vehicles, stopping times for various vehicles, and driving on a course designed to teach quick and safe stopping techniques
· Accident Avoidance – simulation course including animals and objects appearing in the vehicle’s path; students are trained to make fast decisions, keep control of the vehicle, and navigate through several obstacles
· Car Control – over-steering and under-steering are taught in relation to skid control; training takes place on a simulated wet road
· Distracted Driving – shows dangers of driving while distracted by anything, including cell phones
· Off Road Recovery – teaches drivers how to control a vehicle that has gone off the road
Fisher Kia in Boulder is excited about Kia’s efforts to educate young and inexperienced drivers. For more information regarding their partnership with B.R.A.K.E.S. or the Kia Rio sedans used for the program, feel free to contact Fisher Kia (http://www.fisherkia.net/
Page Updated Last on: Jan 10, 2013