Which celebrities captured the most media attention in 2012?
Fantasy Fame Game has a unique spin on the annual end of the year top ten list. They tracked over 500 sources, ranging from large news sites to small gossip blogs, and over 1200 celebrities to determine who earned the most media attention in 2012.
• Rihanna was the top overall celebrity of 2012 according to the total media attention garnished on her.
• Kristen Stewart earned the most days on top of the daily news cycle of any celebrity in 2012.
• Whitney Houston had the highest number of consecutive daily news cycle wins.
• The top 25 celebrities of the year received about 22% of the total media attention.
• There were 23 one hit wonders-- celebrities who won only one daily news cycle for 2012.
• The 2011 winner, Charlie Sheen, did not crack the top 25 celebrities of 2012.
So what do the numbers mean? Rihanna earned the most media attention, but she did not win as many days as other celebrities, which suggests that she is more consistently in the news and gossip. Kristen Stewart, on the other hand, won the most daily news cycles, but came up well short of Rihanna in the total amount of media attention suggesting that she gets a lot of attention when she is talked about, but isn’t talked about on a day to day basis.
About Fantasy Fame Game
Fantasy Fame Game (http://www.fantasyfamegame.com/