News By Tag
News By Location
New project opportunities & explore technology options for The Greater Mekong Region
Industry meets to address municipal, industrial waste and wastewater treatments in the Greater Mekong region
2. The Greater Mekong Region is facing an increasing number of environmental pollution challenges including air, water, and solid waste pollution. Major factors contributing to these problems include high population growth rate, the rapid urbanization, accelerating industrialization, improper final disposal of solid wastes and weak enforcement of the Law on Environmental Protection and Development.
3. This timely summit will offer latest insights on sustainable developments of waste management policies, targets, challenges, solutions and opportunities in handling and managing Municipal Waste, Industrial Waste, Agriculture Waste, Hazardous Waste, E-Waste, etc at the national, provincial & state levels .
4. Top industry executives from the region including leading state companies and private sector enterprises, Environmental Technology Companies, Engineering Companies, Waste Management & Disposal Companies, Waste to Energy companies, Environmental Science & Technology Advisors, Recycling Operators and All generators of waste ( agricultural companies, food & beverage, hospitals, electronics manufactures, industrial facilities etc) are expected to attend.
5. A crucial part of this Summit is the showcase of best practices, innovative technologies, expertise & services. Some of the industry’
6. Distinguished panel of speakers include top representatives from: Asian Development Bank , International Clean Energy Consortium ICEC , ISO/TC203 Committee on Technical Energy Systems Analyses, Thailand Institute of Packaging and Recycling Management for Sustainable Environment (TIPMSE), The Sustainable Supply Chain Centre (SSCC), United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UN-ESCAP), URENCO, University of Trier, Waste Management and Environment Department (WENID), Vietnam Environment Administration (VEA), Thai Biogas Energy Company Ltd and many more
7. The summit is supported by Thailand Institute of Packaging and Recycling Management for Sustainable Environment, the Federation of Thai Industries (TIPMSE), The Waste Management and Recycling Association of Singapore (WMRAS), The International Private Water Association (IPWA) and under the Patronage of WEEE Forum.
8. The CEO of the conference organizing company, Magenta Global Pte Ltd, Singapore, Ms Maggie Tan, said: “ It is the common responsibility for both governments and industry to manage wastes . This is a timely summit to engage the industry stakeholders with best practices as well as technology options. Waste to resource or waste to energy is key to the creation of a sustainable environment for all” Ms Tan urged all companies to contribute to the creation of a sustainable economy by being part of this Summit.
9. The event will be held at the Amari Watergate Bangkok, Thailand.
Magenta Global Pte Ltd
Magenta Global Pte Ltd
Connecting Industry Professionals Worldwide
Direct Tel: +65 6391 2530
Tel: +65 6391 2552 Fax: +65 6392 2102
Notes for Editor:
About Magenta Global – Owner & Organizer
Magenta Global Pte Ltd is a premier independent business media company that provides pragmatic and relevant information to government & business executives and professionals worldwide. The organization provides the opportunity to share thought-provoking insights, exchange ideas on the latest industry trends and technological developments with thought leaders and business peers. With a strong focus in emerging economies especially in Africa, Middle East & Central Asia, Magenta Global works in partnership with both the public and private sectors. www.magenta-
About WEEEFORUM - Patronage of:
The WEEE Forum is a European association of 41 electrical and electronic waste collection and recovery systems. Its mission is to provide for a platform for co-operation and exchange of best practices, and in so doing, optimise the effectiveness of the operations of the member organisations, while striving for excellence and continuous improvement in environmental performance. The WEEE Forum also seeks to be a centre of competence that allows members to make constructive contributions to the general debate on e-waste policy matters
About TIPMSE - Supporting Organization
Thailand Institute of Packaging and Recycling Management for Sustainable Environment, the Federation of Thai Industries (TIPMSE) is an organization which promote at-source segregation of used packaging and recycled materials through appropriate measures. TIPMSE offer consultation services and tailor-package CSR project on Recycled Materials Management Systems for public and private sectors
About WMRAS - Supporting Organization
The Waste Management and Recycling Association of Singapore (WMRAS) is the national trade association representing the interests of the waste management and recycling industry in Singapore. WMRAS promotes business networking opportunities and best practices amongst members through organised activities such as courses, conferences, exhibitions, networking sessions, and overseas missions.
About IPWA - Supporting Organization
The International Private Water Association - or IPWA as it is more usually known - was formed in 1999 to address the changing dynamics that are taking place in individual countries around the world within the context of the evolving water/wastewater infrastructure project and service arena. IPWA serves as a conduit between the public and private sector players - facilitating effective timely dialogues that highlight the critical need for speed, transparency and cost-effectiveness in the development and operations of global water and wastewater projects, and the practical means for achieving those elements in projects.