News By Tag
News By Location
Meet U.S. Export Officials This Month in Toronto
Meet and learn from: IBM Canada, General Dynamics, AECOM, GE Canada, Rolls Royce Canada, Bombardier, Thales Canada, Esterline, ITT Exelis, Celestica, L-3 Canada, COM DEV, FAG Aerospace, DRS Technologies and Teledyne Technologies.
By: American Conference Institute
American Conference Institute/The Canadian Institute’s 2nd Canadian Forum on "U.S. Export & Re-Export Compliance" is scheduled for January 23-24, 2013. This is the only comprehensive, practical event of its kind on Canadian soil. Meet and learn from: IBM Canada, General Dynamics, AECOM, GE Canada, Rolls Royce Canada, Bombardier, Thales Canada, Esterline, ITT Exelis, Celestica, L-3 Canada, COM DEV, FAG Aerospace, DRS Technologies and Teledyne Technologies.
Learn about U.S. export enforcement priorities in Canada this upcoming year:
• Steven W. Pelak, National Security Division, Deputy Chief and National Coordinator-
• John Ward, US Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Counter Proliferation Investigations, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
• Inspector Greg Johnson, Officer-in-Charge, Greater Toronto Area (GTA), Customs and Excise Section, RCMP, Toronto West Detachment
Gain updates on the status of U.S. export control reform, and the impact for Canadian industry
• Matthew S. Borman, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Export Administration, Bureau of Industry and Security, U.S. Department of Commerce
Take away first-hand insights on the implementation of Canada’s new security assessment process, and priorities going forward
• Pascal Girard, Director, Controlled Goods Directorate
Benchmark with your peers on how to resolve the the most pressing ITAR, EAR and sanctions compliance issues affecting large and smaller companies. Learn how U.S. requirements interact with Canadian export controls, cryptography restrictions, screening requirements, privacy, and human rights laws.
For more information, please visit us online http://www.americanconference.com/