News By Tag
News By Location
First Event 2013 Transgender Conference Releases Full Program and Announces New Entertainment
First Event 2013, held January 23-27, 2013, at the Boston Peabody Marriott,releases their 2013 workshop, entertainment and speaker schedule for their annual conference. A special program for partners of transgender persons has also been released.
First Event's 2013 workshop schedule includes covering a wide variety of topics including:
- Support for Transgender Children and their Parents
- Make Up Application and Refinement
- Current Research in Reproductive Technologies for Trans People
- Coming out to Children, Spouses and Family as Transgender
- Middle and Older Adulthood Issues for Trans People
- Middle Way: Learning to Live Contentedly Between The Gender Binary
- FtM Top and Bottom Surgery Options, Choices and Approaches
- Driving as Yourself | Driving While Dressed
- Coming out at Work
- Preparing for Life After Transition
- Feminine Dining Deportment Lunch and Learn
- Successful Shopping for Your Feminine Silhouette
- Body Image Issues
- Voice Feminization
Saturday's program will also feature a Trans Masculine Lunch. The free luncheon's emcee is Alex Solange, of Fenway Institute, and will be open to Saturday’s registered conference attendees, volunteers or presenters who were assigned female at birth and who feel that is not a complete or accurate description of their gender. Transmasculine attendees can meet presenters and get to know other people at the conference.
Thursday's program will feature a Day of Wellness & Beauty where attendees can pamper themselves, seek advice and prepare your look for the days ahead. The Day of Wellness & Beauty is included with the full conference package or is just $30 for the afternoon.
First Event is also very pleased to announce the Partners in Process Program (PiP). This is part of the First Event program and has no additional charge. This program is for non-transgender men or women who have a transgender partner. Whether married or partnered to an FtM or MtF or if their partner is a crossdresser, transexual or genderqueer. PiP is run as a series of support seminars with a focus on the general relationship, sexuality, or as a support group with Dr. Evan Eyler. But mostly, it is a daylong outpouring of joy and pain, tears and laughter. This isn’t a subject people feel comfortable talking about with their family and friends, so most are in isolation about it. PiP is meant to help break that isolation.
First Event's 2013's entertainment schedule has also been set with the following fun entertainment options:
- Thursday First Event is very pleased to see the return of the excellent Cabaret Show Featuring John Warrener preceded by a New Attendee Mixer to kick off the evening
- Friday kicks off with a cocktail hour at 6PM and then see dozens of handsome guys and gorgeous gals in the Annual Fashion Show. They’ll show off fashions from popular local vendors and from their own private wardrobes.
- Saturday, at the Frances J. Cardullo Annual Banquet, will feature “All the Kings Men” for a special performance, a real wedding, and our guest speaker, Amanda Simpson, the first openly transgender woman appointed by any U.S. President.
First Event 2013 is anticipating over 500 attendees this year. "First Event has grown even larger and more popular in recent years”, said Grace Stevens, First Event Co-Chair, “and we expect 2013 to be the biggest and best attended ever."
Registration forms and information First Event 2013 maybe found at http://firstevent.us or by emailing the First Event 2013 Program Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tiffany Club of New England, the sponsor of First Event 2013, is a 5013C corporation and an open resource and support organization for all members of the transgender community, including cross-dressers and transsexuals, those on the the Male-to-Female and Female-to-Male spectra, all intersexed persons, and significant others, family members and allies of our community.
First Event 2013
First Event 2013 Office Phone: 781-891-9325
Page Updated Last on: Jan 01, 2013