News By Tag
News By Place
DC Velocity Move It Show to Highlight Seegrid Robotic Industrial Trucks
DC Velocity Move It Show to Highlight Seegrid Robotic Industrial Trucks at ProMat 2013
The Move It Show features five segments. Each segment highlights a different sector of the industry. The Move It Show is produced by AGILE Business Media, LLC. They are the publisher of market-leading brands in the logistics and supply chain markets, including DC VELOCITY and CSCMP'S SUPPLY CHAIN QUARTERLY. Focused on delivering must-have business content to its audiences of senior executives, it provides information across the full spectrum of media platforms, ranging from traditional print to web, tablets, webcasts, events, and video.
Seegrid Corporation (www.Seegrid.com)
The fifth segment of the show will highlight Seegrid’s robotic industrial trucks and their role in manufacturing distribution. The video link that will be featured can be viewed in advance at: http://www.youtube.com/
The video shows Seegrid’s Robotic Industrial Trucks were used by Seegrid customer, YUSA, and why the company took to the Robotic Industrial Truck right away when they saw how it helped with their workload. On the manufacturing side, an unexpected secondary benefit is that they removed clutter and unsightly pallets from the work areas so the trucks can maneuver, providing a cleaner, safer work environment.
The solution was clear when the YUSA Corporation was able to deploy the Seegrid Robotic Industrial Trucks with the following benefits:
• Flexibility of route selection, familiarity with existing equipment types (forklifts and pallet jacks)
• Workforce acceptance, labor savings and general comfort working along manned equipment
Seegrid’s Robotic Industrial Trucks proved to be a perfect fit for YUSA and yielded substantial and immediate benefits, including:
• Reduced Labor Cost: Full-time employees were reassigned to value- added work activities
• Reduced Maintenance Costs: Employees can perform routine maintenance and trouble shooting
• No Facility Adaptation: The Robotic Industrial Trucks required no facility change and were set up in less than one hour
• Health & Safety: Less manual labor, controlled travel speeds and a system driven workflow that promotes consistent safe behavior