News By Tag
* More Industries...
News By Location
Stretch Physio Discusses The Benefits of Pilates Ante and Postnatally
The physiotherapy clinic, which is based just outside of Chelmsford in Essex, has released a tip sheet that discusses the benefits of Pilates for both pregnant women and those who have recently had a baby.
· Pilates prepares mums-to-be for labour. The exercise will focus on strengthening the gluteals and pelvic floor and will condition the muscles that are required during labour.
· Regular Pilates coaching will improve overall strength and stamina and help prepare women for the demands of their pregnancy and labour. It’s a gentle yet effective way to stay in shape.
· Learning how to control breathing promotes deeper relaxation. This in turn will aid sleep and help to keep pregnant women calm and collected as they prepare to give birth.
· Continuing with Pilates after the birth will help rehabilitate abdominal and pelvic floor muscles. Regular Pilates practice helps recovery from the body changes experienced during pregnancy and aids recovery after the demands of labour. New mums will also be able to address postural issues, as their posture may have changed during their pregnancy and while feeding their baby.
· Meeting for a Pilates class once a week is a great way of meeting other new mums and is considered by many to be a social activity. Those who have just had a baby will benefit from taking an hour out of their busy schedule to relax and look after themselves.
Stretch specialises in the treatment of ante and postnatal problems, including back pain, symphasis pubis dysfunction and sacroiliac joint prolems. Ellie and her team would highly recommend a treatment plan that combines specific physio and Pilates exercises for women who want to go on to enjoy their pregnancies and postnatal period.
Stretch Physiotherapy & Pilates is based in Chelmsford, boasting a wide range of musculoskeletal physiotherapy expertise in their well equipped private clinic. In addition to offering specialist physiotherapy, the team also offer massage treatments, acupuncture and one-to-one Pilates training. More information can be found at http://www.stretchphysio.co.uk.