News By Tag
News By Location
Platinum Tax Defenders Offering A Tip/Fact Sheet On How to Stay Clear Of IRS Related Scam Emails
As the tax season approaches, many taxpayers will be bombarded with tax scam (IR-2012-29) emails claiming some discrepancy in tax related issues and promising tax reliefs and to help settle back taxes that are just unrealistic.
Bogus IRS emails are very homogenous in nature. They typically make reference to a transaction that in most cases are fake in order to lure the taxpayers in need of tax resolution services (http://tax-
If a taxpayer is to fall victim scam emails can inflict both mental and financial stress on a taxpayer. Often causing unwanted cases of back taxes due to fraudulent losses to income. Because of this it is important that the taxpayer seek professional help from firms such as Platinum tax defenders who utilize a team of experienced tax attorney s, Legal and Accounting experts who first conduct a review of a taxpayers tax standing going back three up to three years in order to build a concrete case and seek the best resolution for the client.
Furthermore Platinum Tax Defenders also educates its clients on the very topic of staying clear of scams. Having over a two decade of tax, legal and accounting experience they have encountered many scams of this kind and so therefore incorporate educating their clients as an important part of services they render.
Many taxpayers who have been in need of help with back taxes (http://tax-resolution.me/
In a recent IRS press release (IR-2012-29)
• Fictitious claims for refunds or rebates based on false statements of entitlement to tax credits.
• Unfamiliar for-profit tax services selling refund and credit schemes to the membership of local churches.
• Internet solicitations that direct individuals to toll-free numbers and then solicit social security numbers.
• Homemade flyers and brochures implying credits or refunds are available without proof of eligibility.
• Offers of free money with no documentation required.
• Promises of refunds for “Low Income – No Documents Tax Returns.”
• Claims for the expired Economic Recovery Credit Program or for economic stimulus payments.
• Unsolicited offers to prepare a return and split the refund.
• Unfamiliar return preparation firms soliciting business from cities outside of the normal business or commuting area.
The repercussions of falling into one of these scams for many are significant, something that is exacerbated given that scammers usually low income individuals who are attracted to the possibility of a larger refund. This Sherri D. Gastelum of Platinum Tax Defender, an experienced tax resolution (http://tax-resolution.me/
The IRS “Dirty Dozen of Tax Scams for 2012” – (IRS-2012-23)
Platinum Tax Defenders are experts in tax negotiation, offering a wide range of tax resolution services for individual taxpayers and small business owners in need of back tax help (http://tax-resolution.me/
For more information about being audited, or to schedule a free consultation regarding any other concerns about tax debt relief,
Call 877- 668-1807