News By Tag
News By Place
Chuy Feet Immortalized in Bronze for Chelsea Handler Holiday Gift, by Top FX Studio Anatomorphex
When “Chelsea Lately” Team Looked to Gift Queen of Late Night TV with Special Bronze of Nugget Sidekick Chuy Bravo’s Feet, Who Did They Call? FX Specialist, Anatomophex
The “little nugget” perfectly footed gift was presented to Handler who proudly shared it with her audience in one of her opening monologues this week, calling it “the best gift ever.” Revealing Bravo’s bronze feet, her comic guest panel also got in on the fun. From getting high-fives using the soles of the feet, to a playful handoff as the feet made rounds on the panel, the Bravo bronze took center stage on the national show.
“The best gift ever." – Chelsea Handler
“Real, physical FX have a way of connecting with an audience in a very deep, visceral way,“ states Devine, already an avid fan of the Handler show, “Chelsea Lately.” Hard to miss on camera was the connection felt by the host from her special gift.
Enjoying years of successful growth, recognition, and worldwide demand, Devine has built his award-winning one-of-a-kind studio, Anatomorphex, into a leading production hub for all things, “practical FX.” With an emphasis in Animatronics, it has crafted FX for everything from feature films, television shows, commercials, and music videos, to special architectural commissions. Having amassed thousands of Special FX artifacts to its credit, the North Hollywood based studio continues to be a top go-to source for all things real/physical Special FX. To walk inside the hub, one is instantly taken by its amusement park vibe, exploding with beings and other pieces of every life form and size; also available for rental.
More about ANATOMORPHEX
Anatomorphex has successfully morphed its presence onto the exclusive and specialized FX playing field, celebrating more than 25 years of leading craftsmanship. Next to closing out the year with the Chuy Bravo footed bronze for Chelsea Handler, the studio began 2012 with an already interesting line-up of projects, creating these “bodies of work” for the following companies among others:
· StubHub. Personalized TICKET OAK CHARACTER, a huge Animatronic TRUNK PUPPET FACE with a GIGANTIC TREETOP CANOPY OF OVER 10,000 TICKETS IN PLACE OF LEAVES.
· Travelocity. Twelve GNOMES to work on ice as pucks for the sport of Curling.
· ESPN. Personalized MASCOT HEAD prize for the winner of a new contest.
· Mercedes. MANNEQUIN HEADS and PEELAWAY MASKS.
· California Almond Growers Association. Soft HEART COSTUME.
· RIF (“Reading Is Fundamental”)
· Cici’s Pizza. Two different PIG CHARACTER PUPPETS to promote their “Hog Wild” pizza campaign.
Some project travels have included:
· DISH Network (New York). An ultra-realistic Animatronic KANGAROO COSTUME filmed as part of a top national commercial spot, promoting their new “Hopper” device.
· Canadian Railway Union Show (Arizona). Packed the studio’s prized, much in demand full-size WHITE RHINO COSTUME with accompanying Animatronic equipment for a fun road trip to be part of the Southwest show.
· Daelim Bath (South Korea). Internationally recognized (distance no option), another in demand animal – the studio’s prized Animatronic POLAR BEAR.
Page Updated Last on: Dec 26, 2012