News By Tag
News By Place
Are Asic Running Shoes Really The Best Out There?
Asics have long been one of the top contenders for best running brand and have a superior range of clothing, accessories and footwear. It is just a brand, or do they have real quality running shoes?
The ideal place to start when getting to the bare bones of running shoes is with the product description. Below are the company styled features of Asics running shoes:
• Rearfoot and Forefoot Gel Cushioning Systems - Absorbs shock during the impact points of the gait cycle. This allows the foot to easy glide through the movement from heal to toe.
• Removable EVA Sockliner - A soft sock liner inner to the shoe which can be removed if need be to accomodate a medical orthotic.
• Full Length Guidence Line - This is a vertical Flex point throughout the shoe that is designed to keep the foot tracking properly along the gait cycle.
• SpEVA Midsole Material - This material improves 'bounce back' off the hard surfaces and decreases the breakdown of the sole unit.
• Trusstic System - Is a light weight part of the sole that stops the shoe from twisting which retains the strucural integrity of the shoe.
• Impact Guidance system (I.G.S) - These are materials designed to all work together from the point of contact on heel strike to when the toe leaves the ground on push off.
• ComforDry Sockliner - Provides a softer inner to the shoe and a anti-microbial properties to keep your foot cooler and dryer.
• Gender Specific Cushioning - The whole sole unit is made up of Solyte and features a lower gender specific density top layer which allows for improved support and cushioning.
For most of us these descriptions may mean a load of gobbledygook, however if you break them down you do get a fantastic running shoe.
They are extremely comfortable, support a runners gait, support the foot and joints as a whole as well as provide heal and toe support. The anti-twist ankle feature also prevents those sprained ankles. They also have breathability and a removal insole for easy clean. What's unique about Asics is that they have really thought about a runner's need. The design of the shoe means that they help with foot left off and cushion landing blows. This means minimal effort for maximum running potential.
With all of these features, a range of colours and styles as well as reflective stripes for safety, Asics running shoes can really not be faulted.
http://www.originalsports.co.uk have an extensive range of Asics running shoes in store and online. They provide gait analysis and advice on the best shoe for you.