News By Tag
News By Location
Feel the Resistance with USA Pro
In pursuit of a toned and shapely body? Resistance training is your answer! Used by celebrities, professional athletes and fitness professionals, resistance training shows no resistance to results.
Resistance training is a highly regarded and respected concept within the fitness industry and can be used to achieve a variety of beneficial results when working out. By exercising your muscles using an opposing force you improve muscle tone and strength.
To dispel the myth that resistance training is just for big and muscley sweaty men, women’s fitness brand USA Pro has launched a stylish range of female friendly resistance equipment for you to use at home.
Resistance Tubes: Perfect way to tone up during workouts and training classes, benefitting from foam handles for secure and cushioned grip.
Resistance Bands: Great for getting the most out of your toning exercises and training sessions, complete with bands varying in resistance from light to heavy.
Dumbbells: Available in various weights, USA Pro dumbbells are an ideal way to tone up your arm muscles during workouts and fitness classes.
Wrist and Ankle Weights: Adding these to your daily workouts will increase your calorie burn, muscular strength and endurance.
BENEFITS OF RESISTANCE TRAINING
USA Pro’s Fitness Expert CAROLINE SANDRY explains the benefits of resistance training:
• As we age, we lose muscle tissue, which is actually crucial in the fight to stay young and slim! Using resistance products can help you to lower your body fat, increase muscle definition and raise your metabolism.
• Resistance training can help to keep your bones healthy. If you have dieted, restricted any food groups such as dairy or ever had an eating disorder you could be susceptible to brittle bones, and resistance training can make a significant difference.
• Our modern lifestyles involve too much sitting, encouraging poor posture and weak muscles. Training against resistance at least twice per week can help to address such issues keeping your body strong and upright.
• A challenging session involving resistance exercises will burn significant calories during your workout, but perhaps more importantly, for several hours after you finish your workout!
• Many women avoid resistance training for fear of becoming bulky, but unless you are performing low reps with a very heavy weight then this is highly unlikely.