News By Tag
News By Place
Newly Launched ListNerd.com is World’s First Social Media Website for Truly Collaborative Lists
The new social media website ListNerd.com is based on interactive, collaborative lists—sort of a crowdsourcing site for the “best of” everything, based on the passionate opinions of a worldwide audience.
Founder Eric Andersen, a dedicated microbrew enthusiast, originally intended to create an online list dedicated only to beer. However, he discovered a general lack of centralized information, instead finding lists compiled by just a few select people who were bound to miss a lot of valuable information.
“I decided to create a community that would make the entire list-creation process social—sort of a democratic approach to list making,” Anderson said.
Then, he realized that the concept could go far beyond beer. Now, the newly launched ListNerd already has attracted thousands of people from around the world to contribute opinions in categories including:
· Cars & Auto
· Education & Books (http://www.listnerd.com/
· Entertainment (http://www.listnerd.com/
· Food & Drinks (http://www.listnerd.com/
· Health & Fitness (http://www.listnerd.com/
· Home & Family (http://www.listnerd.com/
· Games (http://www.listnerd.com/
· Music (http://www.listnerd.com/
· Relationships (http://www.listnerd.com/
· Religion (http://www.listnerd.com/
· Sports (http://www.listnerd.com/
· Technology (http://www.listnerd.com/
· Travel (http://www.listnerd.com/
· TV & Movies (http://www.listnerd.com/
Anderson stressed that ListNerd is the only site that allows its users to both to add new items to the lists and vote on each item’s rank.
“ListNerd is the only site that allows its users to both to add new items to the lists AND vote the items up and down,” he said. “We're the only list site that's truly social and crowd sourced.”
Some of the most popular lists so far include “top 100 animated movies,” “top 10 role-playing games,” “top 10 diets,” “top 10 dating websites,” “best online colleges,” “top 100 gifts for women,” and hundreds more.
ListNerd is soon offering a social recommendation engine with Amazon links on the most popular list items, Anderson said.
With offices in Oslo, Norway and San Francisco, ListNerd is the world’s only social media website for truly collaborative lists. For more information, visit www.listnerd.com.