Monello Now Open For Breakfast and Brunch in Little Italy
Custard Filled Bomboloni, Flaky Chocolate Stuffed Croissants and Pesto Hollandaise, are a Few of the Dishes Introducing an Authentic and Long-overdue “Colazione Italiana”
“Many people in the Italian community begged us to bring “Colazione Italiana” to the neighborhood,”
“Illy Caffe is the number one coffee in Italy,” Valentina continued. “We thought it was the perfect pairing with our morning classics.”
Breakfast is now served daily from 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. spotlighting “Colazione”
A few highlights from Monello’s daily breakfast menu include:
· Frittata Spaghetti with Eggs, Spaghetti, Arrabbiata Sauce and Ricotta
· Monello Eggs Benedict with Prosciutto, Pesto Hollandaise Sauce and Fontina
· Panettone French Toast topped with Toasted Almonds, Maple Syrup and Whipped Cream
· Marmelata alle Fragole e Prosecco Cornetti, a Hand Rolled Italian Style Croissant stuffed with Strawberry and Prosecco Jam
On weekends, guests may enjoy Monello’s Farmer’s Market Brunch from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. featuring locally sourced items from the neighborhood Little Italy Mercato Farmers’ Market.
The brunch menu offers the full daily breakfast menu along with additional options incorporating produce, meat, dairy and eggs from the Little Italy Mercato, including:
· Brunch Pizza with Cheese Sauce, Bacon, Spinach, topped with Two Eggs
· Pasticcio, a savory Bread Pudding with Seasonal Vegetables and Parmesan Sauce
· Pasta al Forno, oven baked with Local Cheese
To top off the well-rounded menu, guests at Monello can choose to savor morning cocktail options including a Rossini made with Prosecco and strawberry basil puree, an array of local and Italian beers, a selection of decanted tap wines and more.
To learn more about Monello’s breakfast and brunch options, or to make reservations, visit www.lovemonello.com or call (619) 501-0030.
Monello, which translates to an endearing reference to a “naughty little boy” in Italian, was created by the same family known for San Diego’s “best Italian restaurant”—Bencotto Italian Kitchen. The “100 percent honest Italian” menu celebrates Northern Italian street foods and Milan’s glamorous aperitivo culture featuring expertly-crafted cocktails and complimentary “tastes from the cook.” The restaurant offers breakfast, lunch, dinner and weekend brunch. The menu spans polenta dishes; homemade spaghetti; flatbreads; pizza; roasted meats and seafood; seasonal vegetables; gelato, sorbet and baked desserts; along with fresh baked breads and pastries. More information can be found at www.lovemonello.com or on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram under “LoveMonello”