Dock10 sets the pavce with certification to three standards
dock10 has achieved ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certification with SGS United Kingdom Ltd
“We’re proud of our team’s great effort and commitment,”
Ray Mooney, Client Manager at SGS United Kingdom Ltd, says: “dock10 has set an impressive professional benchmark that will strengthen its position in the media sector.”
dock10 chose SGS to assess its IMS to the three standards. Bill Nairn says: “We had prior experience of using SGS elsewhere and also found that SGS offers value for money compared with other major UK certification bodies.
“During the SGS audit we experienced a strong partnership approach and a clear focus on practical ways to improve systems and move dock10 to the next level.”
Ken Whitelaw, SGS Certification Manager, says: “I was impressed with dock10’s positive attitude, knowledgeable and helpful staff, and all-round cooperation. The audit went smoothly and the result – certification across three standards – is a huge achievement.”
Paul Houghton, dock10 Head of Operations, says: “By operating an IMS compliant with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001, we have:
• already strengthened our health and safety, waste and energy-use minimisation and broader environmental performance
• streamlined and improved the effectiveness of our processes for issue reporting and resolution, staff development, internal audit, management review and continual improvement
• underpinned clients’ confidence in dock10’s ability to deliver
• satisfied clients’ quality, environmental, and health and safety requirements
• expanded the IMS into other subject areas – information security management (ISO 27001), for example, with certification planned for 2013.”
To download a complimentary booklet on our standards please visit:
dock10 is one of Europe’s leading digital media service providers, hosting a broad portfolio of leading broadcast organisations and programme makers. Operating at the heart of MediaCityUK in Salford, Manchester, clients have access to HD TV studios, digital post-production, cloud media management services and advanced connectivity options.
dock10’s ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certifications are valid for the three years to July 2015, subject to satisfactory outcomes in annual surveillance visits. The certification scope is: ‘Provision of studio services, post-production services, content services and technical services for broadcasters and other media organisations’
The SGS Group is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With more than 70’000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1’350 offices and laboratories around the world.