News By Tag
News By Location
New Book Celebrates Naperville Woman’s Club’s 115th Year of Service
Naperville Woman’s Club has released a second edition of its Commemorative History. This year marks the Woman’s Club’s 115th anniversary, and the book celebrates their tradition of service.
The roster of past Club presidents includes women instrumental in Naperville's growth. Elizabeth Nichols served as president from 1900 to 1902; Ida Goodrich took over the office in 1902; Grace Fredenhagen served from 1941 to 1943, just to name three of the ladies who led the Club. Sections of the book include: charter members; presidents and the accomplishments of their terms; members who served in the military; a history of the clubhouse built in 1899, including Landmark status Naperville City Council granted in 2011; the Club chorus, and Fine Art Fair, which is the oldest Illinois Art Fair in continuous operation.
Naperville Woman’s Club Commemorative History, Second Edition retails for $19.95 and is available at Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/
Background on NWC:
The Naperville Woman’s Club is a philanthropic organization devoted to supporting the arts, education and community service. Established in 1897, it is one of the longest established organizations in Naperville. The club’s headquarters are in the landmark building, The Old Stone Church, at 14 S. Washington Street in downtown Naperville. The NWC each year puts on the Juried Fine Art Fair at Naper Settlement, a fall fashion show, the Young Adult Art Contest, and several other fund-raising events. New members and guests are welcome to attend NWC meetings. In addition, the clubhouse is available for rentals for private events. For more information: