News By Tag
News By Location
IAQ and EH&S Companies Encouraged to Develop a Marketing Plan for a Successful New Year
The founder of Cochrane & Associate provides tips on creating a successful marketing plan.
“Putting a marketing plan on paper is important for a business of any size,” reported Paul Cochrane, President of Cochrane Associates and the IAQ Video Network. “It’
A marketing plan can range from a simple outline to a comprehensive plan of action. Either way, it’s important to have it written down. Below are some topics that should be included in a new marketing plan:
• Goals - Document the goals for 2013. This could be to increase sales and profits by a certain amount, to reach out to a certain number of existing and potential customers, and/or to implement new marketing channels.
• Methods - Write down how the company is going to reach the goals in the marketing plan. If the goal is to reach out to a new group of potential customers, how will it be accomplished?
• Frequency - Marketing and sales are both number games to varying degrees. A company can have the best product or service out there, but if no one knows it exists, it will not benefit the company. Marketing takes repeated exposures to be effective. With this in mind, set frequency goals for the marketing methods/channels outlined in the marketing plan.
• Timeframe - Many well meaning companies establish written goals and methods to reach their goals, but neglect to set timeframes. Set dates for when marketing efforts will go into effect, especially with marketing efforts that are new to the company.
• Assign Tasks - It is essential to assign tasks to individuals or teams even in very small companies. Marketing functions, particularly in small firms, are often given the lowest priority because employees have to deal with situations that arise daily. A marketing task assigned to someone, along with a deadline, is much more likely to be accomplished.
• Budget - Establish a budget to be able to achieve the company’s marketing goals. If the budget is low, put more of the company’s efforts into things that can be done online for little or no cost. This may include electronic newsletters, website upgrades, social media, press releases, public speaking, online videos, and having articles published.
• Evaluating Success - Establish how the company will measure what is working, and what is not. Increased revenues and profits are one method, but also look at such factors as hits to the company website, social media traffic, volume of inbound phone calls and emails, articles published, as well as other forms of business inquiries.
Industry professionals can learn more about developing a marketing plan by visiting http://www.cochraneassoc.com & http://www.IAQTV.com, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling (602) 510-3179.
About Cochrane & Associates, LLC
Cochrane & Associates is a business development, public relations and marketing consulting firm that specializes in the environmental, mold and indoor air quality industries. The company has worked with many of the industries’ leading institutions and companies. They are also the innovators behind the IAQ Video Network.