News By Tag
News By Location
Bel-Ray Clear Gear Wins OEM Approval
Outotec Recognizes Bel-Ray for Optimum Performance with Lubricant Used in Minerals and Metals Processing Equipment
Clear Gear Lubricant is a Very High Viscosity (VHV) full synthetic fluid gear lubricant designed for use in open gear systems, particularly in rotating equipment such as grinding mills, cement kilns, driers, agglomerators and pelletizers. Clear Gear Lubricant can replace any open gear lubricant, including greases, compounds and residual products.
Critical capabilities of this OEM-approved Bel-Ray lubricant are prevention of wear, arrest of existing wear trends and reduction/elimination of vibration. Additional benefits include reduction of gear tooth surface temperatures by up to 20 percent and decreased lubricant consumption up to 35 percent.
Suitable for application to gears and pinions via either a centralized spray system or immersion, the Bel-Ray Clear Gear Lubricant offers process plant operators these essential features:
• Low Temperature Fluidity - The unique blend of synthetic hydrocarbons and select ester base-fluids provides excellent low temperature fluidity.
• High Viscosity - These lubricants provide full separation of gear teeth by forming a thick, resilient lubricating film between gear tooth surfaces, eliminating metal-to-metal contact and the resulting wear.
• Reduced Micropitting - Special additives reduce and prevent micropitting, a form of gear tooth damage that occurs early in the life of gears and often the root cause of premature gear failure.
• Clear Lubricating Film - Easy visibility allows the operator to perform inspections without costly machine shutdowns and clean-up.
• Full Fluidity - Promotes easy drainage to waste collection containers and eliminates used lubricant accumulation in the gear tooth roots and shroud.
Bel-Ray Clear Gear Lubricant has also received OEM approval from Metso Minerals of York, Pa., a provider of world-leading technology and services to the mining and construction industries. In addition, this premium lubricant exceeds ANSI/AGMA 9005-E02 Specification Annex D for minimum viscosity recommendations for open gearing in intermittent lubricant applications.
"This OEM approval from Outotec confirms Bel-Ray's heritage of developing superior application-
For more information on Clear Gear Lubricant or other Bel-Ray products for the mining and industrial fields, please visit www.belray.com or call (732) 938-2421.