News By Tag
News By Place
Southern California Personalities Give Gift of Song to Komen Orange County This Season
Festive Holiday Jingle Features a President, Pageant Queen, DJ, Television Icon, Pro-Athletes and Media Personalities
The video went live today on YouTube and can be viewed at: http://youtu.be/
Turn up the volume and sing along with familiar faces, including:
● Vanna White: Television Icon/co-host of “Wheel of Fortune”
● Steve Churm: Orange County Publishing Trailblazer/
● Ed Arnold: Television Newsman Extraordinaire, co-host of PBS SoCal’s “Real Orange”
● Peggy Tanous: OC Housewife, former star of “Real Housewives of Orange County”
● Corky Carroll: Hall of Famer and world’s first professional surfer
● Bruno Serato: Award-winning Restaurateur, Anaheim White House/2011 CNN Hero
● Leah Cecil: Miss California 2012
● Shawn Parr: Country radio personality
● Kurt Rambis: NBA world champion and ESPN analyst
● Jay Johnstone: baseball great and dugout prankster
● Mildred Garcia: President, Cal State University, Fullerton
● Hans Stolfus: volleyball champion and silver medalist
● Laura Ratto: National Volleyball League
The fun, upbeat video aims to spread greater awareness throughout Orange County and beyond to help Komen Orange County achieve a year-end goal to fund more mammograms for underserved and underinsured women and men locally. To find out how you can make a difference and to donate, visit: www.komenoc.org.
About Susan G. Komen for the Cure®
Nancy G. Brinker promised her dying sister, Susan G. Komen, she would do everything in her power to end breast cancer forever. In 1982, that promise became Susan G. Komen for the Cure and launched the global breast cancer movement. Today, Komen for the Cure is the world’s largest grassroots network of breast cancer survivors and activists fighting to save lives, empower people, ensure quality care for all and energize science to find the cures. Thanks to events like the Komen Race for the Cure®, we have invested nearly $1.9 billion to fulfill our promise, becoming the largest source of nonprofit funds dedicated to the fight against breast cancer in the world. For more information about Susan G. Komen for the Cure, breast health or breast cancer, visit www.komen.org or call 1-877 GO KOMEN.
For more information on the Orange County Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure, please visit www.komenoc.org or call 714-957-9157.