News By Tag
News By Location
2012 Alacrita seasonal appeal: One-to-One lunches with Senior Executives from the Pharma Industry
Alacrita Launches 2012 Charity Auction of One-to One Lunches with Senior Executives from the Pharmaceutical Industry. Life Sciences Seasonal Appeal to Raise Funds for WaterAid
The Appeal aims to raise money for WaterAid (http://www.wateraidamerica.org)
Senior figures from the pharmaceutical industry who have kindly donated their time to the appeal include:
· Heather Bell, Head of Corporate Strategy and Shaun Grady, Head of Business Development at AstraZeneca http://www.ebay.com/
· Moncef Slaoui, Chairman, Research & Development at GlaxoSmithKline http://www.ebay.com/
· Douglas Giordano, Senior Vice President, Worldwide Business Development at Pfizer http://www.ebay.com/
· Susan Silbermann, President and General Manager, Vaccines, Specialty Care Business Unit and Polly Murphy Vice President, Specialty Care Business Unit Business Development at Pfizer http://www.ebay.com/
· Graham Brazier, Vice President, Business Development, Strategic Transactions Group at Bristol-Myers Squibb http://www.ebay.com/
· Pamela Demain, Executive Director, Corporate Licensing at Merck http://www.ebay.com/
· Susan Jane Herbert, Executive Vice President and Head of Global Business Development and Strategy and Annalisa Jenkins, Executive Vice President and Head of Global Drug Development & Medical and Belen Garijo, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer at Merck Serono http://www.ebay.com/
Bidding on the Alacrita auctions will be open until 13th December, 5pm EST/10pm GMT.
Rob Johnson, Partner at Alacrita, said: “We are thrilled to launch this year’s seasonal appeal to raise funds for WaterAid. 783 million people, or one in ten of the world’s population, live without access to safe water and last year WaterAid reached 1.6 million people with water and 1.9 million people with sanitation in 27 countries. This extremely worthwhile charity has made a significant positive impact on the lives of many people around the world and we are delighted to support its tremendous work. We are also hugely appreciative to the influential industry figures who are donating their iajed time to the appeal. The auction provides the opportunity to spend a couple of hours over lunch building relationships with key pharma decision makers, gaining valuable insights into what science excites them.”
David Winder, CEO of WaterAid, America added: “We are delighted that Alacrita has chosen to donate the proceeds of their charity auction to WaterAid. Every day, 2,000 children die from water-related diseases that could easily be prevented. The funds raised will help us reach more of the world’s poorest people with safe, clean water and sanitation. These vital basic services are essential for saving lives, improving health and reducing poverty in the world’s poorest countries.”
Notes to Editors
Alacrita is a rapidly growing management consulting firm providing expertise-based services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and life science sectors. The firm has an unrivalled network of experts who operate across the spectrum of life sciences. They combine extensive international industry experience (strategic, technical and commercial), broad functional capabilities and a track record of success across the industry.
Since inception, Alacrita has completed successful consulting projects for big pharma, biotech companies, life science investors and government bodies.
For further information, please contact:
Rob Johnson or Anthony Walker at Alacrita
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
+1 781 249 3324 or +44 771 3402 771
WaterAid transforms lives by improving access to safe water, hygiene, and sanitation in the world’s poorest communities. WaterAid works with partners and influences decision-makers to maximize its impact. Founded in 1981, WaterAid operates throughout Africa, Asia, the Pacific region and Central America and has helped 17.5 million people gain access to safe water through low-cost, sustainable projects that are locally managed and maintained. WaterAid works with individuals and their families, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people, to help them set up, operate, manage and maintain their own projects.
For further information, please contact:
Annie Bonner at WaterAid.
+1 212 683 0430