Belvoir appoints second NED: Nicholas Leeming
Nicholas Leeming joins Belvoir Board of Directors as the company’s second Non-Executive Director (NED).
Described by one industry publication as “a legend of the UK property portal business” Nicholas has over 30 years’ experience in the property sector, having co-founded Propertyfinder.co.uk in 1996. Following Propertyfinder.com’
“We are delighted to welcome Nicholas to the Belvoir Board,” says Dorian. “After leaving Zoopla in August we asked him to join Belvoir because we knew that his immense knowledge of the industry, his public profile and strategic vision would help us to achieve our goals in the coming years.”
“I am very pleased to accept the position of NED with Belvoir,” says Nicholas. “The lettings sector is vibrant, and Belvoir has one of the large networks of lettings offices in the UK. In addition, Belvoir floated on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange in February 2012 and it is very exciting to become involved with a company at this stage of its development. I am looking forward to helping with the future growth of Belvoir.
“The UK property sector has been a major part of my life. Prior to launching Propertyfinder I became a qualified Chartered Surveyor, and was a practising agent for over 15 years, having been a partner in Humberts (now Chesterton Humberts), the national firm of estate agents.
“During my time with Propertyfinder I oversaw its development into one of the country’s best known property portals before it was merged into the Asserta Group where I then became a main Board Director. The combined businesses were sold to News International and the REA Group before subsequently being acquired by Zoopla in 2009. I then became the Business Development Director for Zoopla. The company provided online and property data services for around 10,000 clients with over 600,000 properties. I left Zoopla in August 2012 to develop wider business interests in the property industry.
“In terms of what I can bring to the Belvoir board, I have considerable experience in the application of online marketing and technology, which is crucial to the long term success of any business nowadays. I think this is where I can add real value to the future growth of Belvoir.”
Nicholas was recognised with the 2008 Estate Agency of the Year award for Achievement and also judges at a number of industry awards. He is a trustee for a number of private trusts and a company pension fund. His roles have involved handling the business relationship with many key estate agency firms across the UK, providing him with a unique insight into the property industry in this country. He is married, with three children, and lives near Oakham, in Rutland.
Belvoir appointed Karen Bach as the company’s first NED in February 2012.
Belvoir Lettings now have more than 140 offices nationwide. To find your nearest Belvoir office, visit their website at www.belvoirlettings.com
NOTES TO EDITORS
· Belvoir was founded in February 1995 by Mike and Stephanie Goddard. Its Central Office is in Grantham, Lincolnshire.
· Mike was chairman of the bfa for three consecutive years and is currently Director of International Affairs. He also sits on the board of the Property Ombudsman.
· Belvoir is recognised as one of the largest specialist lettings agency franchises in the UK, with 140+ franchises nationwide and aims to have 200 franchises in the next three years.
· Belvoir was officially awarded the Best Lettings Agency Franchise – Gold Award at the 2012 Lettings Agency of the Year Awards in association with The Sunday Times & The Times. Belvoir also won the Silver Award in 2011 and Gold in 2010.
· Belvoir won Brand Builder of the Year at the bfa Franchisor of the Year Awards 2011 and Best Marketing Campaign of the Year at the Franchise Marketing Association (FMA) Awards 2011.
· Belvoir is a founder member of the SAFEagent Kitemark scheme, which is fully supported by NALS. SAFEagent promotes client money protection (CMP) and provides consumers with a clear message on those agents they should do business with.
· Belvoir successfully listed on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange on 21st February, 2012.
For further information, or to request an interview with a Belvoir Lettings expert, please contact Andrea McHugh at Headlines Journalism, tel: 01476 567438, 07940 930 331 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org