News By Tag
News By Location
7 Things Property Owners Must Know Before Hiring A Tree Removal Expert
Every day homeowners unknowingly put themselves and their property at potential risk when having tree services performed on their property. Here are a few helpful tips on how to hire a tree expert that can save you money and avoid problems.
7 THINGS PROPERTY OWNERS MUST KNOW BEFORE HIRING A TREE REMOVAL EXPERT
Every day homeowners unknowingly put themselves and their property at potential risk when having tree services performed on their property. Here are a few helpful tips on how to hire a tree expert that can save you money and ensure you have a positive experience.
“If property owners really knew their potential liability if something were to go wrong, they’d take more care in choosing a qualified professional to do their work,” says Will Harovas, co-founder of http://www.LocalTreeExpert.com.
Here’s what property owners, commercial or residential, need to know:
1. Only hire licensed state licensed arborists. Request a copy of their license before you hire them.
2. Request proof of insurance. If contractor is not properly licensed or uninsured/under-
3. Ask for a written proposal that specifies exactly what work will be done. Be clear what you want so there is no miscommunication on what your expectations are (especially for cleanup).
4. Don’t pay more than 10% up front. In most circumstances, unless it’s a very big job, you’ll pay the entire cost after work is performed. Never pay cash up front before work is started.
5. Ask for references. Any reputable tree removal expert will be able to produce a few reference letters. If not, don’t hire them.
6. Avoid out of state contractors. Sometimes less credible, out of state contractors follow storms and blanket neighborhoods to make a quick buck. You should be wary of just companies as it is more difficult to check accurate references and follow up later should something go wrong.
7. Be sure to clearly mark the septic area in your yard before the job starts. Heavy bucket trucks can do significant damage to septic systems that can cost thousands to repair.
LocalTreeExpert.com was founded by Will Harovas and Jimmy Bornamann, two successful business owners and property owners, who saw the need to improve the quality of service, reliability, and pricing that was being offered in the marketplace.
“We educate property owners on what they need to know and then provide them free access to verified, local professionals that meet our high service standards. The same high standards we expect as if the work was being done at our own homes”
To receive our free guide, “How to Hire a Local Tree Expert”, people can visit http://www.LocalTreeExpert.com and download it immediately. People can also watch videos on tree removal services at our YouTube channel.
To schedule an interview – or to get more information – call 1-888-528-8744