News By Tag
News By Place
Foundation for Second Chances presents its Annual Leadership Awards Brunch
Founder of the Fernando Pullum Community Arts Center, owners of Post & Beam and founder of the Latino Professional Network are some of the few to be honored at FFSC's Annual Leadership Awards Brunch
· Faith Evans: famed singer, songwriter and television producer
· Alejandro Menchaca, Esq.: lawyer and founder of the Latino Professional Network
· Fernando Pullum: musician, conductor, and founder of the Fernando Pullum Community Arts Center
· Brad Johnson: owner of Post & Beam, creator and operator of Roxbury, Memphis & many more trendsetting venues
· Govind Armstrong owner of Post & Beam, executive chef and owner of 8 Oz Burger Bars
· Su-yin Kok FFSC’s Reading Wheels volunteer program manager
We will also announce the launch of a joint program between the Foundation for Second Chances and singer Estelle's All of Me Foundation.
Proceeds from the leadership brunch and other annual events fund the signature FFSC programs that continue to provide Los Angeles youth with brighter futures.
Foundation for Second Chances (FFSC) is a community based organization that utilizes hands-on education, mentoring, health awareness and community service to maximize the potential of youth. Second Chances’ goal is to make sure that our children are given all that they need to thrive. This includes a quality education, nutritious food and exercise, a safe and nurturing environment and the chance to give back to their community.
We strive to create an environment of love, compassion, safety and respect. In order to better serve our youth, we have developed a strong network of partners who provide our children and families with all that they need to become engaged and proactive in their communities.
Foundation for Second Chances is guided by a volunteer Board of Directors that keeps us accountable to our mission and leads us forward into even greater service of our community.