News By Tag
* More Industries...
News By Place
10 Tips for Steering Stressed Children through Exams with Nutrilite
Exams are a stressful part of student life. Below Nutrilite outlines some tips to help give your child the best chance of success in their academic pursuits.
1. Help your child create a realistic revision timetable; break each subject down into sessions followed by short breaks. Experts recommend between 40 to 60 minute revision sessions although it is also worth getting them to practice having to concentrate for two or three hours since this mirrors the duration of their exams
2. Try to work around this timetable so that you are available during their breaks – it is good for them to have someone to talk to
3. Ensure their revision is happening in a well-lit and quiet space with a desk and comfortable chair – and make sure the TV, computer and mobile aren’t accessible distractions
4. Different revision techniques work for different people; note taking, out loud repetition, mnemonics or notes stuck around the house all help direct and subliminal learning – and you will be amazed at what the rest of the family picks up
5. Encourage exercise – even if it is only a 15 minute walk round the block - it lowers adrenaline levels in the body which, in turn, lowers stress so aids concentration
6. Eating sensibly is very important as brain cells need energy to function well and serve up food which is rich in omega-3, namely anything with fish, walnuts or flax seeds in it. Omega-3 has been shown to improve cognitive functioning which any exam candidate needs but if your family doesn’t like fish, it may be worth supplementing their diets with an Omega-3 capsule for a month or so before exam time
7. Dehydration can cause tiredness and reduces concentration so make sure your kids are drinking at least one litre of water each day. Nutrilite (http://www.amway.co.uk/
8. Make sure that your teen doesn’t try to work through the night before an exam, late night revision may feel productive but eight hours sleep will do their exam chances far more good
9. Find a balance between encouraging their learning and getting too involved, it is important to respect their growing independence.
10. Finally, stay positive – you will do a lot for your child’s confidence if you show you believe in them
Nutrilite has a ‘Family Health – Naturally’ campaign, which encourages people to think of different ways for themselves and their families to be healthy. Find healthy lifestyle and nutrition tips on the Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/