News By Tag
News By Place
Newly-Built North Tower at Coral Gables' 396 Alhambra Earns LEED Gold Certification
163,000 SF Class A tower becomes Coral Gables’ first newly-constructed LEED Gold office building.
“396 Alhambra’s distinction as Coral Gables’ first newly-built LEED certified office complex raises the bar for commercial development in one of Florida’s most desirable submarkets,”
News of the LEED Gold certification comes as 396 Alhambra’s tenant roster fills up with multinational and entrepreneurial users, including HBO Latin America, Millicom International Services, law firm Richman Greer, Banco Pichincha, CitiBank NA, architecture and design firm RTKL Associates and others. All told, the building is approximately 55% leased.
“Coral Gables has long been a hub for international business and finance activity, and 396 Alhambra is the premier and most sought-after address within this market,” says Tere Blanca, President and CEO of Blanca Commercial Real Estate, the building’s exclusive leasing agent. “With more and more companies, corporate and entrepreneurial alike, placing an emphasis on sustainable workplaces, this LEED Gold certification sets 396 Alhambra apart from all other buildings in the Coral Gables market.””
396 Alhambra features a range of efficient strategies and technologies that enhance the health and productivity of its tenants while reducing waste and promoting sustainability:
• Energy efficiency: The tower saves over 14% more energy than a standard new office building of the same size.
• Water system efficiency: The tower saves over 40% more energy than a standard new office building of the same size.
• The project includes a storm water management system to limit water pollution.
• The use of public transportation – including the Coral Gables trolley – is encouraged and preferred parking spaces are allocated for low-emission, fuel-efficient vehicles.
• The project includes a refrigeration management system limiting gasses that contribute to ozone depletion and global warming.
• Approximately 80% of the project’s construction waste was recycled, with 24% of all materials coming from sources within 500 miles of the building site.
• Building operations use environmentally-
The project’s LEED Gold North Tower is adjacent to a fully-renovated, state-of-the-
Designed by Miami-based architectural firm The Fullerton Group and constructed by Balfour Beatty, 396 Alhambra boasts Spanish-influenced architecture and top-quality building materials, including marble from the original quarry for the Alhambra palace in Spain. The Spinnaker Group, which served as the Commissioning Agent, worked with the building’s ownership to achieve the LEED certification.
396 Alhambra offers spectacular views and flexible floor plates ranging from 8,950 to 31,000 square feet. Amenities include secure, ample covered parking in an eight-story parking garage, valet parking, concierge service, 24-hour security with card-key access, an on-site Citibank branch, 34,000 square feet of prime restaurant and retail space and a beautifully landscaped outdoor terrace and courtyard for the enjoyment of all tenants.
Learn more at www.396alhambra.com. For leasing information, please contact Danet Linares or Andres del Corral of Blanca Commercial Real Estate at (305) 577-8850.
ABOUT 396 ALHAMBRA:
396 Alhambra is a $140 million, 282,000 square foot Class A office and retail development in Coral Gables, Florida’s business district. The project consists of approximately 248,000 square feet of office space and 34,000 square feet of prime ground-floor retail space. The North Tower is LEED certified at the Gold level while the South Tower is on track to achieve LEED Silver certification. Developer Agave Holdings, LLC owns and operates more than three million square feet of institutional-