News By Tag
News By Location
Etisalat the big winner at Connected World Forum Awards in Dubai
Giant mobile operator Etisalat took honours in two coveted Connected World Awards sponsored by MasterCard Worldwide in Dubai this week.
The awards ceremony took place during the annual Connected World Forum conference and expo in Dubai which gathered more than a 700 industry experts along with 50 global technology providers. For the first time since the inception of the awards, which were sponsored by MasterCard Worldwide, voting took place online so that the industry could recognise its top achievers.
Etisalat Afghanistan walked away with the award for Best Achievement in Social Inclusion, and Mobily, Etisalat’s jpoint venture in Saudi Arabia, was recognised for the Best Mobile Health Launch.
The full list of winners at the Connected World Awards sponsored by MasterCard Worldwide is:
- Best Overall Mobile Lifeline Launch: Yes Bank
- Innovation in Mobile VAS Award: Grameenphone
- Best Achievement in Social Inclusion: Etisalat Afghanistan
- Best Mobile Money Launch: Barclays Bank/Warid Telecom Uganda
- Best NFC Deployment: Digicel
- Best Bank-Led Mobile Money Programme: Bank South Pacific
- Best Operator-Led Mobile Money Programme: Smart Communications
- Best Mobile Health Launch: Mobily
- Best Development of a Pilot Health Project: Unit Care
- Best mHealth Partnership: HP
Celebrating the very best in mobile lifeline services
"This is the third year that we are celebrating the success of mobile money and mobile health and related technologies and the impact that it is having on the lives of end users around the world," says Stuart Baker, Portfolio Director at Clarion Events, organiser of the Connected World Forum. He continues: "we are celebrating the very best in Mobile Lifeline Services, turning the spotlight on excellence in innovation and service delivery.”
For more information, interviews and photographs:
Communications manager: Annemarie Roodbol
Tel. +27 21 700 3558
Fax. +27 21 700 3501
Mobile: +27 82 562 7844