Follow on Google News
News By Tag
* Cell Phone Radiation
* Sperm Damage
* Reproductive Health Effects
* Neurological Effects
* More Tags...
News By Location
Follow on Google News
Cell Phone Radiation, Pregnancy, and Sperm
The latest, peer-reviewed science finds that prenatal cellphone radiation exposure damages test mammals' brains and offspring, and cellphone radiation exposure damages sperm in humans.
What you don't know, what you need to find out, and what you can do now
National Press Club, Washington, DC, November 12, 2012
Several new, independent studies confirm previous research that pulsed digital signals from cell phones disrupt DNA, impair brain function and damage sperm.
Because fetuses, children and teens are particularly vulnerable, the American Academy of Pediatrics sent a letter to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) asking for a review of cell phone exposure limits.
Video (1 hour, 58 minutes): http://www.youtube.com/
Also, the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) issued a report this summer calling on the FCC to update cell phone exposure limits and testing requirements. The report noted that the testing requirements are inadequate as the phones are used closer to the head and body than the test requires. Thus, users' exposure to cell phone radiation may exceed the legal limit.
Six experts summarized the research at the National Press Club:
• Hugh Taylor, MD, PhD, Chairman of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yale Medical School;
• Ronald B. Herberman, MD, TNI Bio Tech Inc, president of American Association of Cancer Institutes;
• Devra Davis, PhD, President Environmental Health Trust;
• Nesrin Seyhan, PhD, Chairman, Department of Biophysics, Gazi University:
• Suleyman Kaplan, MD, Professor, Embryology, Ondokuz Mayis University; and
• Igor Belyaev, PhD, Deputy Director, National Cancer Institute of Slovakia and Russian Academy of Sciences.
The conference was sponsored by the Environmental Health Trust, Ondukucz Mayis University and Gazi University in Turkey, and the National Cancer Institute of Slovakia.
The slides used in these presentations and additional resources are available from the Collaborative on Health and the Environment at:
Environmental Health Trust:
Environmental Working Group review of sperm damage research:
Dr. Dariusz Leszczynski's science blog on mobile phone radiation and health:
Video (1 hour, 58 minutes):
Joel M. Moskowitz, Ph.D.
School of Public Health
University of California, Berkeley
Account Email Address Account Phone Number Disclaimer Report Abuse