Dallas Bar Association Hosts Diversity Summit
Dallas Bar Association Hosts Diversity Summit; With Keynote Speaker Roland S. Martin, CNN Guest Correspondent
The purpose of the summit is to promote diversity and inclusion in all sectors of the legal community, to develop best practices designed to increase diversity in the legal profession and to discuss innovative models for increasing diversity throughout the legal profession. Attendees in the legal community, and the public at large, are invited to attend the summit to provide input and ideas regarding diversity and to learn about implementing diversity programs in their communities.
“The DBA’s Diversity Summit is a unique opportunity for the Dallas legal community to discuss, reinforce and re-affirm its on-going commitment to diversity in the legal profession and in the Dallas legal market, as well as to contemplate best-practices for improving diversity,” said Dallas Bar Association President Paul K. Stafford. “Through the efforts of the DBA, sister bars and a variety of stakeholders, we have assembled an array of outstanding panelists and speakers for this momentous event. The impact of the DBA Diversity Summit will undoubtedly resonate for years to come, and will positively impact future lawyers and the future of our increasingly diverse population and profession.”
The list of premier speakers include:
· Benny Agosto, Jr., National Hispanic Bar Association
· Kim Askew, K&L Gates LLP
· Jack Balagia, Exxon Mobil
· Kelly-Ann Clarke, ABA-Young Lawyers Division
· Terry W. Conner, Haynes and Boone, LLP
· kktd Sally L. Crawford, DBA President-Elect , Jones Day
· Janet Dhillon, JC Penney
· William A. Goodloe, Sponsors for Educational Opportunity
· Chris Luna, MetroPCS Communications, Inc.
· Regina Montoya, Children’s Medical Center of Dallas
· Kevyn Orr, Jones Day, Washington, D.C.
· Emily A. Parker, Thompson & Knight LLP
· Lisa Soto, University of Texas at El Paso Law School Preparation Institute
· Stanley B. Stallworth, Sidley Austin, LLP
· Dr. Walter L. Sutton, Jr., Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
· Lisa Tatum, State Bar of Texas
· Jeff Tillotson, Lynn Tillotson Pinker & Cox, LLP
· Kathleen Wu, Andrews Kurth LLP
“I am excited to hear these great minds talk about the future of the legal profession and the growing impact of diversity in dealing with business opportunities, the courts and education. It is rare to have this level of intellectual and influential leadership in one place, on one day, discussing this topic,” said Diversity Summit Chair Rhonda Hunter, of Farrow-Gillespie & Heath LLP. “This summit is a great opportunity for law firms to look at the future plans for their business. The morning sessions focus on diversity and business opportunities. The afternoon topics address law education, developing leaders in the law and disparity issues involving women, those with disabilities and lawyers of color. It is going to be a unique event that you won’t want to miss.”
Sponsors of the event include:
· Bar Association Sponsors: Dallas Bar Association, Dallas Bar Foundation, Dallas Asian American Bar Association, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, Dallas Hispanic Bar Association, J.L. Turner Legal Association;
· Platinum Sponsors: Thompson & Knight
· Gold Sponsors: Locke Lord LLP and Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
· Silver Sponsors: Jones Day, Mahomes Bolden PC and White & Wiggins
· Bronze Sponsors: Carrington Coleman, Carter Stafford PLLC, Farrow-Gillespie & Heath and Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P.
· Friends of Diversity Summit: Victor N. Corpuz
Registration is free. To register, or for more information, visit www.dallasbar.org/