News By Tag
* Global Benefits
* International Benefits
* Medical Travel
* Global Insurance
* Medical Tourism
* More Tags...
News By Location
The First Medical Directors Summit was a Success at the Medical Tourism Congress
The first Medical Directors Summit was held on October 26th at the 5th World Medical Tourism & Global Healthcare Congress. The Summit was a collaboration platform for medical directors from top U.S. & international hospitals and insurance companies.
All Summit attendees were able to collaborate and network regarding the challenges in providing quality healthcare and insurance to local and international patients. The medical directors discussed programs with their peers regionally and in other countries, they were also able to learn from some of the successful case studies presented. This roundtable meeting facilitated conversations to strategically improve an organization’
Prior to the roundtable discussion, attendees listened to the following presentations:
● Dr. John Kenagy, author of Designed to Adapt: Leading Healthcare in Challenging Times, shared with the audience various aspects of research he conducted at Toyota, a company world leader in quality revolution in car manufacturing and sales and how it can be applicable to medical hospitals.
● Manuel Llorens from Perceptive Software from Lexmark, shared the role process & Enterprise Content Management (ECM) play in the healthcare, government and insurance revenue-cycle & ROI, by reducing risk and ensuring future flexibility.
● Dr. Pratiksha Gandhi, founder chairperson, IPC Health Care Center/ Institute of Preventive Cardiology Foundation, discussed prevention of non-communicable diseases with a open discussion about a hands on approach for the hospitals to start health promotion departments to increase their revenues and contribute positively to the community by reducing mortality and morbidity of heart diseases and cancer.
● John Casey, director of international benefits at Google shared innovative ways of how Google promotes health amongst its employees. The important message was constant reinforcement of health messages through pictures, office decor and healthy foods in the cafeteria which will inwardly motivate employees to choose healthy behaviors.
● B J Fogg, professor at Stanford University, demonstrated to the audience of how tiny positive habits can help you change your behavior. How to prioritize the changes you want to make which will positively impact your lifestyle.
“I had a stimulating and enriching experience at the Medical Directors Summit which will help me to better apply myself at work back home in India,” said Dr. Pratiksha Gandhi. “Thanks to the MTA for conducting such a knowledgeable and enhancing business networking summit which we surely cherish for this year and for years to come.”
Next year the 6th World Medical Tourism & Global Healthcare Congress will host the 2nd Medical Directors Summit at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, November 2-6, 2013.