Georgia’s Lake Lanier Islands Resort® Prepares to Flip the Switch on Two Decades of Twinkle
Southern Lakeside Resort Commemorates the 20th Annual Magical Nights of Lights® with a Holiday Spectacular that is Bigger and Better than Ever Before
“It means a great deal to my family that Lake Lanier Islands Resort holds such a special place in the hearts and holiday traditions of so many people throughout the Southeast,” explains Mike Williams, CEO of Lake Lanier Islands Resort and member of the Williams family, who purchased the lease rights to the Resort in 2005. “Each year, we look forward to the sight of cars and minivans loaded with everyone from the new baby in the family to the grandparents as they take a modern sleigh ride through the resort’s streetscapes to enjoy the animated holiday light displays and stopover at the Holiday Village for some good old-fashioned holiday fun. Because this is the 20th Anniversary of Magical Nights of Lights, we wanted to make it particularly special for all of our guests.”
NEW FOR 2012:
* Exciting Unveiling of New Sections of Holiday Lights and Attractions, including the Animated Dancing Lights at “Holiday House” and Illuminated “Diamond Wonder” Light presented by Audi Gwinnett!
* Old Fashioned Ice Skating Rink at the Holiday Village – Guests of all ages are invited to strap on a pair of skates and take to the ice, as Lake Lanier Islands brings their own twist to the classic Currier & Ives/ “Rockefeller Center®” outdoor experience.
* Thanksgiving Weekend¬ Canned Food Drive – On Friday, November 23-Sunday, November 25, Magical Nights of Lights guests are encouraged to bring non-perishable food items to benefit Free Chapel’s His Harvest House, a local food bank ministry in Hall County. As thanks, they will receive one free carnival ride per canned good*. (Limit 4 free carnival rides per carload.)
* Opportunities to See the Show Aboard Lake Lanier’s Vintage Islands Trolleys While Enjoying Delicious Treats and Warm Beverages; Shiny New Fleet of Golf Carts also Available for an Open Air Experience.
* The Much-Anticipated Return of the Live Nativity Show starting December 1 through Christmas Day!
* $10 off coupons through Magical Nights of Lights partners: Publix, Chick-fil-A, McDonalds, Quik Trip, Lenny’s Subs and Audi Gwinnett plus special opportunities to save, including Double Coupons throughout the month of November (representing a $20 savings on admission!)
TRADITIONAL MAGICAL NIGHTS OF LIGHTS® FAVORITES:
* Driving Tour of the Islands – With the radio dial set to 103.7 FM, cherished holiday carols and holiday cheer will fill the cabins of automobiles along the route of The Magical Nights of Lights® as guests pause to reflect on the twinkling illuminations from The Twelve Days of Christmas, Santa’s Elves at Work, the North Pole Express, Jack & The Beanstalk, the stunning Icicle Tunnel and more.
* Holiday Village – This must-see stop along the route features enormous bonfires for roasting marshmallows, vendors selling hot cocoa, a petting zoo and pony rides, carnival rides and games, holiday shopping, new ice skating rink, and a chance to visit with the Big Guy himself, Santa Claus. You won’t want to forget your Christmas Wish List or your camera.
* Night Light Canopy Tours – Make believe you’re a stealthy elf making his way from Santa’s sleigh to a series of rooftops as you zip and glide through the night sky by the light of the moon. Located adjacent to the Holiday Village, our Express Tour features four exciting zip lines and one scenic sky bridge. Be sure to bundle up and reserve about 30 minutes to complete your treetop trek.
* Magical Nights of Lights® Buffet – As you make your way through the lights, you’re bound to get hungry. Be sure to stop-over at the well-lit Legacy Lodge and Conference Center for a festive feast of epic proportions masterfully prepared by Lake Lanier Islands’ NEW Executive Chef, Michael Klein.
* Breakfast with Santa – All are welcome to enjoy the time-honored tradition of Breakfast with Santa at Legacy Lodge and Conference Center on Saturday and Sunday mornings in December, in addition to every morning the week before Christmas. Breakfast buffet served 9 a.m. to noon.
* Magical Nights of Lights® Accommodation Packages – Why limit yourself to just a few hours of magic? Book accommodations at Legacy Lodge with a special Magical Nights of Lights package and enjoy a luxury overnight stay combined with a vehicle pass to the Magical Nights of Lights, amusement rides for up to two children at the Holiday Village, and Breakfast with Santa on select dates.
As always, admission to Magical Nights of Lights is priced ibzng per the carload – so guests are encouraged to load up the family wagon and make for the lake this holiday season. Open nightly from 5 to 10 p.m. November 16 through December 31, regular admission to the 2012 Magical Nights of Lights® is $60 per carload – for an SUV or mini-van that seats 7 or more passengers that could equate to less than $9 per guest! With double coupons in November, an automobile holding 9 passengers could be admitted for as little as $4.44 per person. For larger vehicles, gate admission to the Magical Nights of Lights is $90 for ten to 19 passenger capacity vans; or $250 for 20+ passenger capacity buses. For more information about the 2012 Magical Nights of Lights® and to purchase passes online, please visit http://www.lakelanierislands.com.
About Lake Lanier Islands Resort®: Nestled on the southern-most shoreline of Lake Sidney Lanier at the foothills of the scenic Blue Ridge Mountains lies the truly distinctive Lake Lanier Islands Resort®. Situated less than 45 miles from downtown Atlanta on 1,500 pristine acres of forests, meadows and beaches, this luxury resort is quickly growing in size, scope and reputation as one of the Southeast’s leading lakeside retreats. The Resort’s crown jewel – Lake Sidney Lanier is one of the United States’ most popular man-made lakes, encompassing 38,000 miles of surface area and 690 miles of shoreline in Northeast Georgia. Legacy Lodge & Conference Center and Legacy Villas enhance the Resort’s broad assortment of accommodation choices and meeting sites – making it the ideal choice for corporate meetings and company retreats. Popular excursions like fun in the sun at the boardwalk-themed LanierWorld, outdoor concerts at the new Peachtree Point Amphitheater, zip lining through the trees with Lake Lanier Canopy Tours, horseback riding on a lakeside trail from the Equestrian Center, and renting a boat and ski equipment from Harbor Landing make the Resort a terrific choice for families vacationing or “staycationing”
Page Updated Last on: Nov 12, 2012