News By Tag
News By Place
How a Digital Internship can Benefit Your Career
One of the most important factors when it comes to choosing a career path is the viability of each industry where employment is being considered.
1) The outsourcing of jobs to offshore workers – This change is occurring in many industries, particularly those in manufacturing, textiles, and accounting.
2) Decreasing demand for an industry’s products/services – Decreases in demand can occur due to either a slow economy or evolutionary changes. Construction jobs have decreased due to factors in the general economy while the demand for a product like Polaroid pictures has disappeared because of the advances in, and utility of, digital cameras.
3) Social and/or technological changes that favor new industries over traditional ones – These changes are reason that industries such as print and traditional publishing are losing jobs. One of the biggest examples of this shift is the discontinuation of Newsweek’s print edition as they change over to 100% digital publishing.
A common thread that runs through many of the industries that are losing jobs is the same one creating jobs in others; the move toward an increasingly digitized economy. Job growth in companies working in digital industries has continued to grow steadily and the continuing migration toward digital formats for a wide variety of business and social purposes means these industries will be viable for years if not decades to come.
The key for anyone looking to enter this vibrant job environment is to start developing skills that are applicable toward employment in the digital economy. While high schools and colleges are continuing to broaden the courses they offer in these areas, one of the best ways to learn advanced skills is to start an internship with a company that specializes in IT, internet marketing, web design, and/or other internet applications.
Benefits of an internship include:
* Learning from professionals in each respective field
* Real world experience when applying techniques, strategies, and tactics
* Building experience that looks great on a resume’
* The potential to be hired by the firm where the internship was served
The digital economy is growing in terms of job demand, the need for advanced skill sets, and in the types of employment available. To learn more about how an internship can advance your career path, visit: http://www.gervaisgroupllc.com/