AnaSpec Introduces SensoLyte® ThT Aβ42 & Aβ40 Aggregation kits
SensoLyte® ThT Aß40 and Aß42 Aggregation kits, using the fluorescent dye Thioflavin T (ThT), provide a convenient and standard method to measure Aß40 and Aß42 aggregation, respectively
Alzheimer's disease (AD), the most common cause of dementia, is characterized by the presence of senile plaques and neurofibrillary tangles, surrounded by damaged neurons. Beta-Amyloid (Aß) peptides, Aß40 (1-40) and Aß42 (1-42), were found to be a major component of the above plaques. Many studies suggest that these peptides can form toxic oligomers and fibrils under physiological conditions and rapidly aggregate. Since Aß aggregation is evidently an essential event in the pathogenesis of AD, a reliable assay is important to study Aß fibrillation kinetics and for screening Aß aggregation inhibitors.
For more information, please visit http://www.anaspec.com/
1. Hellstrand E., et. al., ACS Chem. Neurosci., (2010) 1: 13-18.
2. Karafin A., et. al., MEDIMOND, (2009) 11-15: 255-259.
3. Hudson S. A., et. al., FEBS J., (2009) 276: 5960-5972.
4. Liu R., et. al., Neurobiol. of Disease, (2005) 20: 74-81.
5. Kudva Y. C., et. al., Biochem. J., (1998) 331: 809-813.