News By Tag
News By Place
Seven Steps to Greater ROI in the Cloud
Intergence’s CEO, Peter Job, believes that tracking performance is crucial to businesses making the most of the Cloud
A recent report by industry analysts, IDC, Quantitative Estimates of the Demand of Cloud Computing in Europe and the likely barriers to uptake (http://ec.europa.eu/
However, the report also showed that as a result of adopting Cloud Computing, 80% of organisations reduce costs by 10-20%, with other benefits including enhanced mobile working (46%), productivity (41%), standardisation (35%), as well as new business opportunities (33%) and markets (32%).
“Despite the proven benefits, business Cloud adoption in Europe is still lagging behind the US by around two years. The key thing to getting the greatest ROI from your Cloud-based services is to check whether they are performing better or worse since migration and to do this, you need:
1) Good analytics – Understand how your applications are performing and what the end user experience is. Ensure you can rapidly identify any sources of impairment to user experience.
2) Process – Do not implement additional services without first understanding the impact they may have on the existing ones.
3) Innovation - don’t be afraid to experiment with technologies such as WAN Optimisation to improve performance from the cloud to the user.
4) Partner SLAs - the 3rd way – Ensure your applications perform as expected by requiring your provider to guarantee minimum levels of service.
5) Continuous improvement – Always look for ways in which to improve the existing service by identification of impairments and new technologies.
6) Scaling ability of your management tools – plan for growth, can your existing management tools support the networks of the future?
7) To provide a plumbing service not a spanner!
“Cloud Computing is going to play a major role in reviving the European economy over the next few years by creating growth and new jobs. After several years of “hype”, Cloud Computing has now become mainstream, with factors such as new applications, user demand, virtualisation and data silos – that is, different management teams working separately – pushing demand.”
A recent survey by Tata (http://sites.tcs.com/
“However, you need to have good processes and methodology to get it right. My advice is to engage with partners who have the experience, and don’t be afraid to innovate. And remember, the end user will be the ultimate judge of the service! Poor user experience leads to poor take up which means that fewer businesses enjoy the productivity and cost reduction benefits that cloud computing can bring.”
IDC Report: “Quantitative Estimates of the Demand of Cloud Computing in Europe and the likely barriers to uptake (http://ec.europa.eu/
Tata Consultancy Survey – The State of Adoption of Cloud Applications http://sites.tcs.com/
About Peter Job
Peter has been involved in the telecommunications industry for the last 25 years and held senior roles at Gandalf and Alcatel Telecom. Since founding Intergence (http://www.intergence/)
Peter is also the founder of Real Status (http://www.real-
Utilising a unique combination of world class expertise, industry-leading methodology and unique tools, Intergence (http://www.intergence/)
For more information, please visit: www.intergence.com
Follow Intergence (http://www.intergence/)
For further information about Intergence (http://www.intergence/)
Laura Brown/Justine Smith
KISS Public Relations (http://www.kisspr.co.uk/)
T: + 44 (0)208 12345 75
E-mail: laura @kisscom.co.uk (mailto:laura%