Checklist For Home Safety This Winter
Keep your home safe year round following these tips provided.Check for potential hazards. prevent emergencies-don't live through them.
Do you regularly take a walk through your home and look carefully for any potential hazards? If not, today is a great day to begin!
The following is a checklist to get you started;
• Check that there are handrails (well secured) on all your stairways
• Make sure smoke detectors are in all key areas and that they are loud enough for you to hear them. If they are battery operated, make sure you replace/or have the batteries replaced yearly.
• Always have a first aid kit and a fire extinguisher easily accessible
• Your medical information, medication list and list of allergies posted on your refrigerator in the event paramedics find you unable to communicate when they arrive. Your local EMS has magnetic folders that stick to your fridge.
• Keep important phone numbers near every phone
• Never smoke in bed
• Unplug appliances you are not using
• Keep heavy items at floor level
• Check you fridge for expired foods and throw out
• If you have area rugs make sure they have rubber backing to reduce slips and falls
This short checklist will go a long way to keeping you safe. Preventing emergencies is far better than living through them!
HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON!