News By Tag
* Beverly Hills Cardiologist
* Beverly Hills Cardiology
* Cardiology Intervention Beverly Hills
* More Tags...
News By Location
Lower Extremity Atherosclerotic Arterial Disease
People suffering from atherosclerosis should see a cardiovascular specialist in Beverly Hills as soon as possible because they are at high risk for developing life threatening cardiovascular problems, such as carotid artery disease and heart disease.
The following is a list of factors that increase the risk for developing lower extremity atherosclerotic arterial disease:
• High blood pressure
• High levels of cholesterol
• A sedentary lifestyle
• A family history of cardiovascular disease
Make an appointment with a cardiovascular specialist to check for lower extremity atherosclerotic arterial disease if experiencing any of the following symptoms:
• Claudication, which includes any discomfort, cramping or pain in the thighs and calves while walking
• Changes in sensation, such as numbness, tingling or coolness
• Wounds in the lower region that have trouble healing
• Decreased hair growth on the legs
• Feet and leg ulcers, which can develop into gangrene
• Black coloring on the skin near an occluded artery
To treat lower extremity arterial disease, physicians may begin by prescribing blood thinners or other medications. Minimally invasive procedures, such as balloon angioplasty and stenting, are also very common methods to reduce the narrowing of the arteries and improve blood circulation.
Beverly Hills Vein and Cardiovascular Institute has been providing quality, life-saving cardiology and vein care for patients across the country. Contact Dr. Madyoon’s office online (http://bhvci.com/
For more information on Beverly Hills Vein and Cardiovascular Institute, please visit the company’s website, at http://bhvci.com/
About Beverly Hills Vein and Cardiovascular Institute
At Beverly Hills Vein and Cardiovascular Institute, Dr. Madyoon uses an unrivaled method that breaks down the cardiovascular system into three parts and employees a comprehensive biochemical analysis of the body, providing you with the most accurate treatment for cardiovascular and venous care.