News By Tag
News By Location
Treat is the answer for Treasure Coast Family Caregivers to the Halloween question: Trick or Treat?
Family caregivers eligible for hundreds of dollars in cash and raffles at 2012 Treasure Coast Fearless Caregiver Conference on Oct 31. Your Aging Resource Center and Today’s Caregiver magazine are providing complimentary tickets at Caregiver.com.
“As well as the education, support and advice presented at the Fearless Caregiver Conferences, we believe that caregivers need to be able to have some extra money to treat themselves as well, that is why we are pleased to be able to raffle off hundreds of dollars in cash and prizes to our caregiver attendees, states Gary Barg, Editor in Chief of Today’s Caregiver magazine and host to over 100 Fearless Caregiver Conferences since 1997.
A noted speaker, writer and publisher on caregiving issues since 1995, Barg is founder and editor-in-chief of the first national magazine for caregivers, Today’s Caregiver, as well the original online caregiver community, http://www.caregiver.com. This will mark the 120th Fearless Caregiver Conference that Mr. Barg has hosted. Barg is also the author of the book, The Fearless Caregiver: how to get the best care for your loved one and still have a life of your own.
A limited number of complimentary tickets are still available at http://www.Caregiver.com or by calling (877) 829-2734. Tickets include lunch.
Prominent Treasure Coast Caregiving Experts to lead the Treasure Coast Fearless Caregiver Conference on October 31st include:
• Rose Bruno, Bilingual Consumer Services Manager – Area Agency on Aging – Your Aging Resource Center
• Jeannie Lavoie, R.N. – Humana MarketPOINT.
• Michael D. Fowler, JD, L.L.M. – The Estate, Trust & Elder Law Firm, P.L.
• Veronica Castro, LCSW, C-ASWCM – Case Manager Caregiver Support Program’s Alternate Coordinator for VA Medical Center West Palm Beach and VISN8.
• Todd Barry, CFP, Regional Vice President – Security One Lending.
• Elizabeth Janovsky, Outreach Manager – CaptionCall.
• Nancy Curran, Partner and Director of Adult Care Solutions – MyCareConnect.
The Port Saint Lucie Civic Center is located at 9221 S.E. Civic Center Place, Port St. Lucie, FL.
Supporting the celebration are leading care organizations including The Area Agency on Aging of Palm Beach /Treasure Coast - Your Aging Resource Center, Humana MarketPOINT, Security One Lending, MyCareConnect, The Estate, Trust and Elder Law Firm, PL and CaptionCall among dozens of other exhibitors and resources. More than 50,000 family and professional caregivers in 24 states have learned how to be a Fearless Caregiver Advocate for their loved ones, clients and themselves at a Fearless Caregiver Conference.
Fearless Caregiver Conference participants will learn:
What support is available for Florida’s family caregivers?
• Where the money is for caregivers
• How to partner with their family members
• How to ask questions of healthcare leaders in the area
• How to get a loved one to stop driving
• To share information with their fellow caregivers
Who Should Attend?
• Children of aging parents
• Parents caring for children
• Spousal caregivers
• Long-distance caregivers
• Grandparent caregivers
• Pastoral caregivers
• Volunteer caregivers
• Professional caregivers
• And anyone else seeking hands-on advice
Sponsorship opportunities are still available. Call (800) 829-2734 for information and to reserve your space. 2012-2013 schedule includes: Nashville, Philadelphia, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Bridgeport, New Haven, Orlando and other cities TBA.
# # #
Established in 1995, Caregiver Media Group has become the recognized media authority on caregiving through Today’s Caregiver magazine, Caregiver.com, the Fearless Caregiver Conferences, the award winning book - The Fearless Caregiver: How to Get the Best Care for Your Loved One and Still Have a Life of Your Own, as well as Caregiver Media Group's award winning content and custom publications.
Today’s Caregiver magazine contains cover interviews with celebrity caregivers, articles on caregiving issues and vital resources for all caregivers. Cover interviews have included Leeza Gibbons, Clay Walker, Kathy Greenlee, Debbie Reynolds, Dixie Carter, Debbie Reynolds, Della Reese, Linda Dano, Rosalynn Carter, Robert Urich and Clay Aiken. The digital version of the magazine is available free of charge at Caregiver