News By Tag
News By Location
Indianapolis Road Bike and Tri Shop to Open Pro Fit Cycling Center Indoor Computrainer Facility
Just in time for shorter, colder days, legendary road bike and triathlon shop, T3 Multisport, is opening a new indoor fitness center designed to help any cyclist take it to the next level. Everyone from beginners to pro's welcome starting Oct 31.
The centerpiece of the new facility will be the CompuTrainer Multi-Rider center. CompuTrainers allow cyclists to ride their own bike indoors while providing data such as heart rate, cadence, power, speed, distance, and caloric expenditure. The rear wheel attaches to a flywheel which adjusts the resistance to simulate outdoor riding and creates the perception of varying terrain indoors! There are hundreds of triathlon and cycling courses where friends can compete or prepare for upcoming races. Changes in fitness are easily tracked and quantified by performing periodic power tests and noting the power numbers during workouts.
Owner and triathlete, Vern LaMere, explains that the new center will be perfect for triathletes and cyclists of all levels, from beginners to advanced. "Those who want to train for sprints and those who want to prepare for Ironman triathlons can gain in strength and endurance. For those who have specific goals such as increased power, aerobic and anaerobic endurance, lactate threshold, hill climbing ability, and for cyclists who simply want to increase their overall fitness and lose weight, we have sessions that will help them achieve any or all of these goals.
While some would suggest that the use of an indoor CompuTrainer might be boring compared to having the wind in your face out on the road, LaMere points to a long list of benefits other that the obvious weather issues like rain, snow, sleet, and freezing temperatures. "Serious athletes know the benefits associated with riding CompuTrainers (see more details at http://www.t3multisport.com/
● There are very few interruptions such as stop lights, traffic, unwanted downhills, potholes, or dogs to disrupt focus and efficiency of the workout.
● Workout time is maximized. It is generally accepted that to convert an outdoor training ride to indoor workout, reduce the total ride time by 20% since more energy is expended on an indoor trainer.
● The controlled environment allows for better management of target zones, cadence, interval times, etc.
● Very few variables mean it is easy to quantify improvement by comparing data from one workout to the next.
● The involved process of deciding what to wear and putting on layers of clothing in the winter is never an issue with consistent indoor room temperatures.
Stationary riding allows one to work on technique exercises such as single leg drills and fast pedaling.
● The limitations and sometimes negative aspects of group riding and training partners are eliminated.
● Riding can be done at any time of the day, (assuming the studio is open!) in all weather conditions.
● It is what the pros do! Top level professional triathletes actually do the majority of their training indoors all year long.
The addition of the new Pro Fit Cycling Center adds to the growing list of services available to triathletes and road cyclists at T3 Multisport (see website at http://T3Multisport.com) such as the professional fitting studio and personal coaching. The shop is widely known for the top brands in professional cycling and triathlons, such as Cervelo, Felt, Guru, Look, Litespeed, and Quintano Roo.