News By Tag
* More Industries...
News By Place
China's Only Airport Expansion & Development Event on Challenges in Rising Air Passenger Traffic
The China Civil Airports Association and IQPC are holding the Airports Congress China 2013 in Wuhan on the 26-28th March 2013 to discuss how the industry can work together to accommodate unprecedented growth in air passenger traffic.
In 2011, passenger numbers at China's airports hit 620.5 million, up 10% year-on-year while total cargo volume at those airports rose 2.5% year-on-year to 11.6 million tons.
“Airport upgrades and expansion are critical in managing rising passenger volume and authorities must work with engineering and construction companies to ensure successful airport development,”
According to the government’s most recent five year plan, 82 new airports will be built in China and 101 existing airports have plans to undergo renovation or expansion in the next few years.
By the end of 2015, the number of airports in the country will top 230, capable of servicing 450 million passengers.
“The event is a forum for those involved in airport development to learn from existing projects and discuss how to overcome challenges such as technical risks and commercial viability of airport expansion plans,” said Chen.
The event brings together CCAA members, airport developers and planners, transport ministers and construction contractors. It will give an insight into how the industry will invest over 1.5 trillion Yuan to airport development and expansion in the next five years.
“Airport Congress China 2013 is the only airport development event supported by the central government and the civil aviation administration - we’re very proud to be involved,” said Chen
Key speakers at the event include:
• Jiaxiang LI, Director, CAAC, China
• Yonghai DIAO, Director, Department of Development and Planning, CAAC
• Zhiyi DONG, Director/Chief Commander, Beijing Capital Airport Group/ Beijing New Airport Command Center
• Yabo YAO, Deputy Director/ Chief Executive Commander, Beijing Capital Airport Group/ Beijing New Airport Command Center
• Tom J. Yager, Distinguished Research Associate, NASA
• Gordon Griffiths, Assistant Director Asia Pacific, IATA
• Zhanxin QIN, VP, China West Airport Group
• Ping SHI, Manager, Dept of Planning and Development, China West Airport Group
• Zhanye CHU, General Manager, Qinghai Airport, China West Airport Group
• Jeffrey Gagnon, Manager, Airport Pavement R&D Sub-team, Federal Aviation Administration
• Su XIN, Deputy General Manager, China Airport Construction Group Corporation
• Chao XIONG, Director, Dept of Civil Aviation, China International Engineering Consulting Corporation
• Jiangchang SHAN, Deputy Chief Engineer, Airport Planning and Design Institute, CACC
The event also features senior managers from 101 airport projects in progress including:
· Beijing Capital Second Airport Phase 1
· Beijing Capital Airport Terminal 3
· Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport
· Kunming Changshui International Airport
· Shenzhen Bao’an International 2nd Runway & T3 Expansion Project
· Xi'an Xianyan International Airport the 2nd Runway & T3 Expansion Project, and the
· Urumqi International Airport
For more information about the event, interview with speakers and more, please visit www.airportscongress.com, call +65 6722 9388 or email email@example.com.
Online Communications Manager
Phone: +61 2 9229 1048